Does It Matter If He/she Won't Wear A Wedding Ring?

Marvelous

Commoner
As for me I don't really care if he doesn't want to wear his ring. To me, married are at heart. The commitment and caring is the sign that he show how much he loves me, not because he always has his ring on his finger or the size of the stone on the ring that he slipped on my finger.

upload_2014-9-15_9-51-58.jpeg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Depending on their work environment, I don't care if he doesn't want to wear it. But going out with me or other people, he should have it on. I don't think I'll have to tell him since he should want to express his love for me by wearing it on his own will. A wedding ring should be a momento of our marriage, love, etc. If he doesn't want to wear it, I don't see a point why even have one. It'll just be like other stuff he stash or put away in the room. The ideal of our marriage is just wasted to me.

In that case, a wedding isn't necessary, we can just express our love by living together forever. This is just how I would love our wedding ring to represent for us. I don't need to meet all his friends or co-worker, I'm open to him having his own social life without always having to check up on me when we're married. But letting them know that I exist somewhere will be a plus in our marriage for me. It's just a little respect I liked to get from my husband.

Relationship can be very frustrated when you don't know what you want from your future partner. Love the thread Marvelous, keep it up. :)

Bluebird

Each individually will have different perspective on this matter.
The ring is just the symbolic thing which exchange during the marriage ceremony.
Wearing it shouldn't matter as long as the, " commitment, love, honesty, devotion, and faithfulness are there. "
Also, be there by your side when you need it the most.
Ring's off, but stay faithful to the commitment of the marriage or Ring's on but commit an adultery?.
It's so obvious which one that you'll pick if you're sane.:rolleyes:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Each individually will have different perspective on this matter.
The ring is just the symbolic thing which exchange during the marriage ceremony.
Wearing it shouldn't matter as long as the, " commitment, love, honesty, devotion, and faithfulness are there. "
Also, be there by your side when you need it the most.
Ring's off, but stay faithful to the commitment of the marriage or Ring's on but commit an adultery?.
It's so obvious which one that you'll pick if you're sane.:rolleyes:

I do agreed with you on the most part. But those are just our wishful thinking. We can't see what's deep down in their heart. Many stories proved otherwise. If that is the case, I rather have him show me the respect in front of others with that ring.

As the saying goes, "Ring's on, he's committed to the faithful bond, ring's off, he's actually cheating"?

I never have doubt the guy I'm marrying will cheat on me. I stock him for 9 years to know so. The problem is, there are girls that doesn't have respect for themselves and try to touch him. They do it in my face while we're dating. For my husband, he definitely need to put on that ring. Lots of those girls doesn't like the guy wearing the wedding ring. I don't know what it is, but it disturbs their eyes to see it on. At least it will bugs someone that will try to seduce my husband.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I do agree with you and Marvelous on believing faithfully with your soul mate. I just happen to have a whole difference case on my hand. I need to have those ladies step off from my man when he's out and about without me. It will stop someone if not all. :)

One time, I have to step up to another guy's girlfriend because she doesn't seem to know her boundary. "Hand off my man." :D

lovepink

Commoner
I do agreed with you on the most part. But those are just our wishful thinking. We can't see what's deep down in their heart. Many stories proved otherwise. If that is the case, I rather have him show me the respect in front of others with that ring.

As the saying goes, "Ring's on, he's committed to the faithful bond, ring's off, he's actually cheating"?

I never have doubt the guy I'm marrying will cheat on me. I stock him for 9 years to know so. The problem is, there are girls that doesn't have respect for themselves and try to touch him. They do it in my face while we're dating. For my husband, he definitely need to put on that ring. Lots of those girls doesn't like the guy wearing the wedding ring. I don't know what it is, but it disturbs their eyes to see it on. At least it will bugs someone that will try to seduce my husband.

I agree the person has to have the ring on for me. I'm very traditional when it comes to marriage values and being faithful to your partner. In my opinion, the married person has to have the wedding ring on no matter what. But in some cultures I know the wedding ring is not part of their beliefs and values. They don't even wear a wedding ring. So that is okay but if your religion/culture are based around the ring as eternal love and faithfulness then you must wear it. That is why they have wedding ceremonies in church to tell their family and friends their devotion, faithfulness and love for one another. So if that is what the ring symbolizes then shouldn't the partner be wearing it all times... to prove to the world you are committed to that one and only person.

lovepink

Commoner
I do agree with you and Marvelous on believing faithfully with your soul mate. I just happen to have a whole difference case on my hand. I need to have those ladies step off from my man when he's out and about without me. It will stop someone if not all. :)

One time, I have to step up to another guy's girlfriend because she doesn't seem to know her boundary. "Hand off my man." :D

I think some women are like that. They have no moral values what is right and wrong. If they are interested in the man it doesn't matter if he is taken. You see that a lot, home wreckers, cheaters, mistress, fox (kun chrong) they have no self respect for themselves.

I think some women think the man is more attractive and valuable when he is already taken. Some women like it when the man is married. They think he must be good so I have to fight for him too.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I agree the person has to have the ring on for me. I'm very traditional when it comes to marriage values and being faithful to your partner. In my opinion, the married person has to have the wedding ring on no matter what. But in some cultures I know the wedding ring is not part of their beliefs and values. They don't even wear a wedding ring. So that is okay but if your religion/culture are based around the ring as eternal love and faithfulness then you must wear it. That is why they have wedding ceremonies in church to tell their family and friends their devotion, faithfulness and love for one another. So if that is what the ring symbolizes then shouldn't the partner be wearing it all times... to prove to the world you are committed to that one and only person.

It's nice to see that we bond on that beliefs. For some people, the wedding ring does symbolizes their true love. If he bother to put that ring on for me, it just makes me feel secure that he cares about my image. He's putting our love out there for everyone else to see.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I think some women are like that. They have no moral values what is right and wrong. If they are interested in the man it doesn't matter if he is taken. You see that a lot, home wreckers, cheaters, mistress, fox (kun chrong) they have no self respect for themselves.

I think some women think the man is more attractive and valuable when he is already taken. Some women like it when the man is married. They think he must be good so I have to fight for him too.

There's a saying that there are more girls in the world compare to guys. In this Chinese's town, a good guy is a rare catch. So many single girls around here. Some girls does feel special when they can get someone's else boyfriend. It makes them feel that they are better.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Wedding ring?
I seen some big rocks in my time.

Sometimes you have to sacrifice big vs quality when it comes to diamond. You want quality cuts or just a big rock?
If you are into diamond rings, just being big isn't enough if it's ugly, bad cuts, or it's dull in colors.

It will make a differences when you are standing to another better quality diamond ring.

lovepink

Commoner
Sometimes you have to sacrifice big vs quality when it comes to diamond. You want quality cuts or just a big rock?
If you are into diamond rings, just being big isn't enough if it's ugly, bad cuts, or it's dull in colors.

It will make a differences when you are standing to another better quality diamond ring.

I want both. It has to be big and have good quality. The diamond ring has to be really nice. It can't be dull, bad cuts or ugly. It has to sparkle from a distance that people can see it and admire it. It can't be like those small gumball machine rings either. I would say no if that were the case.

lovepink

Commoner
I know Cambodia has some really nice diamond rings. When my mom travels to Cambodia she always make sure to stock up on her diamond jewelleries. They sparkle from a distance.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I understand if she doesn't wear it all the time, e.g., while doing the dishes or whatever. If she won't ever wear it, then there's no sense in buying it in the first place.

Sopheaktra

Level 1
Wanderer
I think a marriage's ring is a matter of people that want to show that here hustand could give here a big stone ring. Especially for old khmer people people, alway ask the price and size of the stone for marriage ring ... what is the job of your son/daughter ...

don't forget that marriage ring is not a part of khmer culture. In the old time the groom can give a gold necklace, a bracelete to the bride in the day of the marriage !!!

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I thought if you wear a wedding ring it's to show to people that you are not single any more. But to girls it is a plus because diamonds are girl best friends.

What's about woman that wore their wedding ring separate hand. I meant like she wears her engagement ring on her left and the wedding band on her right. I heard like it is wisdow woman. I don't know if it is true or not

Okhmer

Commoner
I don't remember in Khmer tradition exchanging vow include rings.... It is only happening in recent history..... And my observation is it is not taken seriously in Cambodia.. but nowadays it is becoming a norm and some people do wear them all the time... Well I never took my ring off :)
Personal taste more then anything else & yes it does serve as a label for other people to back off, but this is assuming the other have moral judgement, If they don't care then it's really not serving much....
Of course you need to make your soul mate happy too so If wearing ring is a token of you faithfulness then be it....

Last edited:

Sopheaktra

Level 1
Wanderer
I don't remember in Khmer tradition exchanging vow include rings.... It is only happening in recent history..... And my observation is it is not taken seriously in Cambodia.. but nowadays it is becoming a norm and some people do wear them all the time... Well I never took my ring off :)
Personal taste more then anything else & yes it does server as a other people to back off, but this is assuming the other have moral judgement, If they don't care then it really not serving much....
Of course you need to make your soul mate happy too so If wearing ring is a token of you faithfulness then be it....

yes I am agree with you, that why I say ring was not a part of Khmer marriage culture. But blueberry is quite right about the fact that it could be a sign for people to know if this personne is free or not !!!

Okhmer

Commoner
yes I am agree with you, that why I say ring was not a part of Khmer marriage culture. But blueberry is quite right about the fact that it could be a sign for people to know if this personne is free or not !!!
True, when i was a teenage my mum gave a ring and a necklace I wore them all the time, only when I came to Australia then that I reliased the ring kind of took my chance of getting a gf :)

Sopheaktra

Level 1
Wanderer
True, when i was a teenage my mum gave a ring and a necklace I wore them all the time, only when I came to Australia then that I reliased the ring kind of took my chance of getting a gf :)

yes, because men in occident do not wear rings (or just the new norm of this new society, because in Medieval men of hight society wear lots of rings !!!).

and men in Khmer country alway wear ring (even if they are not married).

So, Okhmer, have you finally found a girl friend ?