Family's Approval

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
How important is it that your family accept your boyfriend/girlfriend? Would it bother you if they didn't like the person you're seeing? Would you care if they didn't approve?

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
i wouldnt' care because its my own business who i love, but then again my parents are cool whoever i date because they know that i will do the right thing and know what i want. My family trust my judgment on who ever i will date in the future so it wouldn't bother me.. I dont need to approve or disapprove who i date but its me to see if the girl im with show me that shes strong enough to make me love her and not love her for a little and break up with her. I don't follow the khmer way, i think it is stupid and retard, nobody can control my love life.

Bluebird

No, no & no. I'm the one who will spend my life with the one I love.
Not them; therefore, it shouldn't matter whether they approve or disapprove.
I'd rather be with the one I love that make me happy than be with the one which I don't love and make my life miserable
just to appease my parent. It's just a little awkward if there's a family reunion or gathering;
other than that just go with the intuition.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
There are good and bad for the family to accept who you date with. Because parents think that they have more experience in life so they know what is the best for you. On the other side you can said that it is my life I am the one that I have to kiss and be romantic with that person so I don't need the approval. I personally don't believe in rearrange date or marriage. I just think that each individual person has the freedom to fall in love with who ever you want. Parents just need to be there and be supportive and happy for me that I find my love and not make me feel miserable and depress, and if I make the wrong choice than I don't have to blame anybody but just myseft.

You would want the approval if you plan on getting together often. The stamp of approval is sought after among many young men and woman in new relationships. You need to bring it with you to parties and other social gathers that requires it, a sort of "pass" or "fail" grade on a person's character and social standing.

I really hate it though when a person plays dirty, not approving of someone for their own nefarious reasons.

Depend how critical your people are, really.

Last edited:

Althea

Commoner
pretty important that parents like the other person...parents are the only beings that love you unconditionally and if they say something is wrong with the person you are dating then it is likely they see something you are missing because you've been blinded by lust or love...

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
not true... just because i like Hamster and Happy doesn't mean i'm blind by love or lust.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
How important is it that your family accept your boyfriend/girlfriend?
65 % out of 100%

Would it bother you if they didn't like the person you're seeing?
Yes it will

Would you care if they didn't approve?
I care.

I am pretty much tame in being with someone. If the person is a bad person, I will leave him before any disapproval is mention. Bad as in, disrespectful to my people, steal, rude, selfish,, etc. etc. No person is worth the headache. I left enough bad guys before. My parent having to disapprove my boyfriend, I do the job first myself.

I say go with what makes you happy. But if she/he is a bad person, leave. Do yourself the favor, it might make you happy to be with that person but it's not happiness. If she/he is not bad, I say be with her/him. That's where my 35% of don't care comes from. ;)

cute-love-quote-smile-text-Favim_com-58854.jpg

Last edited:

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Ok so I think this one is kind related to the topic of approval. Do you ever get involve with someone as far like married the person for some sort of step in stone. Even in your heart you don't have that much love. Maybe 5% of love, the rest just for some other reason. Would you do married him/her? And can you force yourself to love that person afterward?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Ok so I think this one is kind related to the topic of approval. Do you ever get involve with someone as far like married the person for some sort of step in stone. Even in your heart you don't have that much love. Maybe 5% of love, the rest just for some other reason. Would you do married him/her? And can you force yourself to love that person afterward?

I tried being with this white guy. He gave me everything I wanted. I can access his bank account and he was gonna give me a brand new car just for not getting any speeding ticket for a year. Just as my reward for being good. He tried everything to make me happy. Treated me really good. Will support my family and take them in after our marriage. I liked him for a while, but it wasn't love, so I left him because he wanted a serious committment. I didn't think I can go that far with him as FOREVER. I didn't see myself being with a white guy. My only true love would be with an Asian guy. I will not marry other nationality unless he's mixed with Asian. That is just me. Whoever say that if you date another race, you won't go back to Asian guy, so totally wrong. At least for me. :D

I will only marry someone I love. Money or not, I have to love him. I don't care what he can give me, it's what I feel about him that matter.

-cute-cute-love-eyes-Favim_com-929952.jpg

EXCEPTION: If I been through many broken relationship and I'm already old, I'll marry someone I like. Sometimes in life, you have to settle with the best thing that comes around if the top choice is out of the question. :D

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
You always talk about that white guy. shoot him if you need to with your bang bang....

:p ....... :p

I dated two white guy actually. ( in my entire life, still have more future ahead of me. )

The rich one was the second one. The first one I liked more, but he was an ass so I left him with no problem. :D

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I tried being with this white guy. He gave me everything I wanted. I can access his bank account and he was gonna give me a brand new car just for not getting any speeding ticket for a year. Just as my reward for being good. He tried everything to make me happy. Treated me really good. Will support my family and take them in after our marriage. I liked him for a while, but it wasn't love, so I left him because he wanted a serious committment. I didn't think I can go that far with him as FOREVER. I didn't see myself being with a white guy. My only true love would be with an Asian guy. I will not marry other nationality unless he's mixed with Asian. That is just me. Whoever say that if you date another race, you won't go back to Asian guy, so totally wrong. At least for me. :D

I will only marry someone I love. Money or not, I have to love him. I don't care what he can give me, it's what I feel about him that matter.

View attachment 2207

EXCEPTION: If I been through many broken relationship and I'm already old, I'll marry someone I like. Sometimes in life, you have to settle with the best thing that comes around if the top choice is out of the question. :D
Hunnie I truly agree with you about marrying the same race. I didn't know it until I experience it. It is not the same when you have mixed marriage. It is ok for a while. But in the long run and financially it is chaos. Good for you that you set your expectation that way.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hunnie I truly agree with you about marrying the same race. I didn't know it until I experience it. It is not the same when you have mixed marriage. It is ok for a while. But in the long run and financially it is chaos. Good for you that you set your expectation that way.

Thanks ms red. I believe that if you have a mind set on what you want ahead, you tends to make less mistake because it's what makes you happy.

Bluebird

Be with the one that you truly love not for luxury things and finances gain.
Monetary resources can buy happiness only up to certain point in life.
It's a very unstable relationship if your heart is not feeling the love.
Then again even the feeling of the love was there; it still doesn't guarantees that it will leads to eternity of love.
Nothing is set in stone when it comes to relationship.:cool:

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
A family approval would be a great bonus. It would bother me if I can't get the approval but the least I can do is try our best and work our way for that acceptance. =]

Bluebird

Hey, Hamster, you were the one who initiated this thread but so far you haven't expressed any of your thoughts, yet.
What's your perspective?.:cool:

ami

Commoner
Then again even the feeling of the love was there; it still doesn't guarantees that it will leads to eternity of love.
True. i really love it especially in Cambodian but prefer English since it make more sense :)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I found it kind a sweet and I do agree with you, Bluebird dear