Google Chromecast

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Anyone here using Google Chromecast? Pretty nifty streaming Youtube and khmer movies to your TV. Sucks that I couldn't find any app on my Windows 8 to support it.:banghead:

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Just get a Mac Mini, connect to your TV and you're good to go. That's what i did.. plus, it's very quiet.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Don't you need a smart TV in order for it to work?
Nope, you just need a HD TV with HDMI input and your current smart phone or tablet to control it (or your laptop but that would ruin the purpose since I can use my laptop to connect to my TV too, like what Groupon said). It's not much bigger than a USB thumb drive and you can pocket it to people's house.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Ah I see. Personally I don't see a need to stream media to someone else's house, but that's just me. I use my PS3 to stream media to my tv, PS3 Media server.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Ah I see. Personally I don't see a need to stream media to someone else's house, but that's just me. I use my PS3 to stream media to my tv, PS3 Media server.

Yeah you don't really need it if you already have ways to stream to your TV. I personally visit my parents house a lot, and it's more convenient for me than carrying my Xbox around. :D

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
My parents live to far away for me to do anything like that. So my dad has me burning all the chinese series I watch for him.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
My parents live to far away for me to do anything like that. So my dad has me burning all the chinese series I watch for him.
Does it take long to burn it into DVD , Rock?

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Anyone here using Google Chromecast? Pretty nifty streaming Youtube and khmer movies to your TV. Sucks that I couldn't find any app on my Windows 8 to support it.:banghead:
I was wowndering if it is required a monthly payment?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I was wowndering if it is required a monthly payment?

No monthly fee, you just pay for the device, which is a one time $35. All it does right now is simply allow you to stream Netflix, Google Videos, Youtube, and anything from your chrome browser to your TV.

If you are already having a smart DVD player or can already connect with your TV, then you don't need it. :)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
It depends on your machine you have and how you set it up. I usually am able to burn a dvd in 480p in about 10-15 minutes.
Dear Rock,
I am new to this field.... and just want to learn more though:)
Do i need to install any softwares?
If you do not mind, please explain step by step :D

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
No monthly fee, you just pay for the device, which is a one time $35. All it does right now is simply allow you to stream Netflix, Google Videos, Youtube, and anything from your chrome browser to your TV.

If you are already having a smart DVD player or can already connect with your TV, then you don't need it. :)
thanks, Rei<3+<3

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Dear Rock,
I am new to this field.... and just want to learn more though:)
Do i need to install any softwares?
If you do not mind, please explain step by step :D

:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm lazy lol, but i'll see what I can do. I forgot what software I use. I just had a HDD failure recently so I had to rebuild my pc. I'll let you know when I remember what its called.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
:banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

I'm lazy lol, but i'll see what I can do. I forgot what software I use. I just had a HDD failure recently so I had to rebuild my pc. I'll let you know when I remember what its called.
hey, No problem at all.. I can wait.....

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Theary: I will upload Roxio Creator NXT Pro in the private forum when I'm home. I've been using this for awhile now and no any kind of adware, virus, etc

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Theary: I will upload Roxio Creator NXT Pro in the private forum when I'm home. I've been using this for awhile now and no any kind of adware, virus, etc
thank you so much, Groupon dear :D is free software?:sneaky:

will you also have a software which allowing to join the video files?

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP