Google Chromecast

bohok

Commoner
I just got an Apple TV 3 for my mom. Created a bunch of Youtube playlists for each Khmer-dubbed series. It's worked well so far, except whenever a video gets removed :-|

Okhmer

Commoner
Nope, you just need a HD TV with HDMI input and your current smart phone or tablet to control it (or your laptop but that would ruin the purpose since I can use my laptop to connect to my TV too, like what Groupon said). It's not much bigger than a USB thumb drive and you can pocket it to people's house.

You may want to look at one of these if you are a fan of android device, I am :) and it is good, it turns you TV to an android device :)
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/MK809-An...U_MultiFormatMediaPlayers&hash=item27dbeacf0e

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Just got myself a Google Chromecast last night but wasn't happy with it. Maybe I did something wrong idk. When view picture/video from iPhone gallery, Chromecast doesn't see it. Maybe when it's ask me to accept share photo library when first install, I said No. But now i can't find to set it to Yes.

2) I can't stream movieBox to ChromeCast. AirPlay work on MovieBox to TV.
3) It doesn't see my hdd server i set in Mac Mini. I had to install 3rd party app like Plex. But damn i kinda like Plex cuz the loading is fast when streaming to my server on an LTE or 4G network. Plus i can fast forward too unless Pogoplug it's slow when fast forward.

I google and in order to stream movieBox to chromecast, u need to download the movie first then it will work. sux

Anyone with MovieBox got any suggestion w/o downloading? If not I might have to return the chromecast to Bestbuy.

Or you know other hardware that can stream any player to a non-Smart TV.

I don't want AppleTV cuz i don't want to get stuck with iOS in the future. Maybe later I might change to Android phone. I need something that is universal.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
You're in a better boat than me Groupon. My windows phone doesn't even support Chromecast the last time I checked. Other than that, it simply works great for what I needed -- just streaming and viewing things off from my laptop screen and through wireless.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
You're in a better boat than me Groupon. My windows phone doesn't even support Chromecast the last time I checked. Other than that, it simply works great for what I needed -- just streaming and viewing things off from my laptop screen and through wireless.

Yea i'm retuning it back after work tonight. I felt it's very strict to what u can do. It's just like Apple products. Maybe I just wait for other competitors that allow to stream from any source.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
I did a little more search. An app call CastOnTv can stream iphone photo/video. I need something that can stream anything on my iPhone.

Rei, u know any?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I did a little more search. An app call CastOnTv can stream iphone photo/video. I need something that can stream anything on my iPhone.

Rei, u know any?

I'm afraid not as I'm not longer using iOS. Did you end up returning your chromecast?

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Yea i return Chromecast since i had to install too many app just to get one thing working.