Seriously How Many People Landed This Title Job?

ami

Commoner
10 Low-Stress Jobs that Pay Around $100,000 a Year
400075_124x93.jpg

Looking for high pay without a lot of fuss? Check out these jobs.

By Catherine Conlan
Monster Contributing Writer

If you’re looking for a job with great pay and a laid-back atmosphere, PayScale found some options for you. The salaries listed are the national median annual total cash compensation (annual salary or wage, plus bonuses, profit sharing, commissions and so on) and the percentages show the percent of respondents they surveyed who answered “my job is relaxing,” “not stressful” or “a little stressful” when asked if their job is stressful.

Reservoir Engineer, $136,000, 66 percent
Reservoir engineers perform modeling studies in order to determine the value of exploration and potential production of oil fields. They estimate yields and analyze economic risk of major projects.

Petroleum Engineer, $130,000, 59 percent
Petroleum engineers determine the most efficient ways to maximize extraction of fossil fuels. They may also design or develop new tools and processes for extracting fossil fuels.

Patent Attorney, $146,000, 54 percent
Patent attorneys help protect intellectual property for organizations. “As a patent attorney, I do love my job,” says Judith Szepesi, a partner in a small intellectual property boutique, HIPLegal LLP. “We work in Silicon Valley, but unlike many of our start-up clients, we don't work 16-hour days.”

Szepesi says she loves learning about new technology and helping start-ups create a coherent intellectual property portfolio, which can include patents, trademarks and copyrights, as well as trade secrets.

“It does take time and energy to get here. In addition to school (getting a technical degree and a law degree), all three of us did our stint in larger law firms that had high pressure to bill hours,” she says. “But where I am now is amazing.”

Data Scientist, IT, $113,000, 59 percent
The interest in big data has fueled demand for data scientists, who analyze and manage large caches of data. As the amount of data companies can mine continues to grow, there may be a growth in demand for people with these skills.

Geophysicist, $105,000, 56 percent
Geophysicists study and analyze the shape of the Earth and how plates, layers and other parts of the Earth move. They also study the atmosphere of the planet and physical phenomenon such as gravity, fluid dynamics, magnetism, radioactivity and electricity.

User Experience Researcher, $99,300, 62 percent
People in these positions design and analyze websites, stores and other experiences and how people use them. UX researchers identify areas that don’t “flow” and identify user goals and needs. They work with other departments to keep experiences efficient and effective.

Principal Scientist, $117,000, 48 percent
Principal scientists are the leaders of research teams. They manage scientists and perform annual performance reviews while overseeing the research and providing guidance when needed.

Actuary, $97,700, 63 percent
Actuaries calculate the financial cost of risk. A background in statistics and mathematics is helpful for this job. Actuaries often work for insurance companies but may also be employed at organizations that want to keep tabs on their risk levels.

Principal Software Engineer, $115,000, 48 percent
People who work as principal software engineers oversee research into new technologies and component design. They design, develop and test new software and oversee system integrations at organizations.

Senior Product Marketing Manager, $116,000, 47 percent

Barry Solomon is a high tech consumer electronics product marketing manager. “I get to meet with external stakeholders, i.e. customers, industry analysts and press to evangelize my product and to better understand customer needs and industry trends,” he says. “I then bring that knowledge back to our company so that we can improve our products (as well as our product positioning) and meet the market’s needs.”

Solomon says he enjoys working collaboratively with internal and external stakeholders. “It’s also incredibly satisfying when customers embrace your products and trust you to solve their problems,” he says.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Not me. I'm 8-5 but excellent healthcare benefit, excellent 401k matching plus additional free company contribute even if u don't invest, free one wk holiday w/pay :), up to 24 days vacation, up to 90 days sick day :) and basically almost "free" college tuition for the kid :) .. can't beat that hehehe

ami

Commoner
Not me. I'm 8-5 but excellent healthcare benefit, excellent 401k matching plus additional free company contribute even if u don't invest, free one wk holiday w/pay :), up to 24 days vacation, up to 90 days sick day :) and basically almost "free" college tuition for the kid :) .. can't beat that hehehe
wow! :) sound like u got a lot of employee benefits. excellent 4 u & ur family :)

believe

Commoner
Wanderer

Your PTO is WTF? Do you live in America? Maybe I'm reading it wrong. Are those time offs the max you'd get after accruing throughout your time with your company? It's gotta be.

But shit, if it's what you get per year, then I'd be so damn jealous cuz I thought I got some pretty sick ass benefits for who I work for haha

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
Oh yea, who the hell works 9-5 nowadays? In movies, songs, and even street peeps say stuff like "a 9-to-5 job". I've always heard of 8-5 where I'm from. -end of rant.

And yes ami, there's people with those types of jobs. I heard patent lawyers get it really easy.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
i'm trying to get 9-5 but damn they already selected the internal. I should be clear on PTO-- accruing up to 90 days. over 90 will be in LTD. so u only can keep 90 days. vacation accrue up to 24 days, over 24 will be in LTD. basically i get 2 day per month on both PTO and vacation but i also get a wk off on winter break :) 24 vacation plus 5 free days.
As for tuition, they match 75% of IVY college. So basically, if my kid did not go to Ivy college, tuition r free cuz which normal college beat Ivy tuition lol. If they do make in ivy, i only worry for 25%

ami

Commoner
Oh yea, who the hell works 9-5 nowadays? In movies, songs, and even street peeps say stuff like "a 9-to-5 job". I've always heard of 8-5 where I'm from. -end of rant.

And yes ami, there's people with those types of jobs. I heard patent lawyers get it really easy.
yeah u r right...however, in my opinion i think only billioner, Gift person, or millioner have that kind of job :D

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
i'm trying to get 9-5 but damn they already selected the internal. I should be clear on PTO-- accruing up to 90 days. over 90 will be in LTD. so u only can keep 90 days. vacation accrue up to 24 days, over 24 will be in LTD. basically i get 2 day per month on both PTO and vacation but i also get a wk off on winter break :) 24 vacation plus 5 free days.
As for tuition, they match 75% of IVY college. So basically, if my kid did not go to Ivy college, tuition r free cuz which normal college beat Ivy tuition lol. If they do make in ivy, i only worry for 25%

NICE. College tuition is expensive as hell. Isn't an undergrad tuition for a public institution around $20k for a full-time student? Private schools obviously cost more, and ivy league schools fall under this category. Now, I'm jealous haha

The good news for me is that I can accrue a shitload of vacation days and sick days. Over 100hrs each. This is not much since we have to use it if we max out. So, I personally would rather have the college tuition for my future children.

How old is your kid(s)?

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
yeah u r right...however, in my opinion i think only billioner, Gift person, or millioner have that kind of job :D

Huy, stop messing around. Aren't you still in high school or something? it sounds cliche but you can do it. It's not hard if you put your mind to it.

When I was in HS, I thought my life would be easy breezy making $15/hr. Now in 2015, that wage isn't gonna cut it. I'd go into depression...if I haven't been in there yet haha

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
When I was in HS, I thought my life would be easy breezy making $15/hr. Now in 2015, that wage isn't gonna cut it.
True that. 15/hour is fine if you live at home with mom and dad but on your own? Impossible, at least in California. Well, maybe if you can find dirt cheap housing. But that's highly unlikely.

ami

Commoner
Huy, stop messing around. Aren't you still in high school or something? it sounds cliche but you can do it. It's not hard if you put your mind to it.

When I was in HS, I thought my life would be easy breezy making $15/hr. Now in 2015, that wage isn't gonna cut it. I'd go into depression...if I haven't been in there yet haha
I dunno but hardly bosses hired u for $15 per hrs unless u r manager, college educated, solder, or supervisor with experiences :D plus just for part time only without overtime n benefits :D nope 2 old for HS now :D

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
True that. 15/hour is fine if you live at home with mom and dad but on your own? Impossible, at least in California. Well, maybe if you can find dirt cheap housing. But that's highly unlikely.
I dunno but hardly bosses hired u for $15 per hrs unless u r manager, college educated, solder, or supervisor with experiences :D plus just for part time only without overtime n benefits :D nope 2 old for HS now :D

I know what you mean, Hamster. My bad, I realize I was being a little narrow minded on having a 15 per hour gig. It really depends on the cost of living at where you live and your personal spending habits. I think you would be big ballin' with that kind of wage while residing in states like Montana and Arkansas, where people make much less monies and rely on less resources...maybe? I don't know. I just know living in LA and NY ain't no joke. You gotta make some money to feel like you made it out of a boiling water, and doing it on your own without any financial help from friends and families. Now, that's life there.

ami, why did I remember you telling me or someone on the shoutbox that you were in high school? It was during when er, Rei was helping you on car insurance stuff. Are you going to school right now, though? College? Trade school?

ami

Commoner
I know what you mean, Hamster. My bad, I realize I was being a little narrow minded on having a 15 per hour gig. It really depends on the cost of living at where you live and your personal spending habits. I think you would be big ballin' with that kind of wage while residing in states like Montana and Arkansas, where people make much less monies and rely on less resources...maybe? I don't know. I just know living in LA and NY ain't no joke. You gotta make some money to feel like you made it out of a boiling water, and doing it on your own without any financial help from friends and families. Now, that's life there.

ami, why did I remember you telling me or someone on the shoutbox that you were in high school? It was during when er, Rei was helping you on car insurance stuff. Are you going to school right now, though? College? Trade school?
i just asked cuz most teen do not high income to pay insurance bill :D They rather help out family or shopping :D right now I am working part-time for work agency with shit benefits and kick back and relax on internet watching movie :D

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
i just asked cuz most teen do not high income to pay insurance bill :D They rather help out family or shopping :D right now I am working part-time for work agency with shit benefits and kick back and relax on internet watching movie :D

Sounds like a love/hate affair with your job. You like it but you don't like it. At least your job is kick back (y)haha

lovepink

Commoner

Yeah that sounds great! You have everything covered. FREE tuition. I wish I had that, LOL.

lovepink

Commoner

Me too. I make around that amount working part time, living with my mom and dad while going to school. Even, if I w's working full time that is still not enough for me to go by monthly if I was living alone.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Me too. I make around that amount working part time, living with my mom and dad while going to school. Even, if I w's working full time that is still not enough for me to go by monthly if I was living alone.
What are you studying?