Surface Pro 2 Or 3

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hi guys, I want to know if anybody own any surface pro 2 3 from Microsoft. I heard it is a small tablet but basically a full compact like a laptop function. Does anyone have any pro or con about it. I am ready to buy a new laptop but I saw the surface pro I am kind change my mind about the laptop.

When I was at the store, I checked out the Surface line of tablets. It was my second choice. It wasn't my first choice because it didn't have the best display out there but it did have great specs and the price wasn't too high, about 400 for one that has a really big screen for a tablet, 10-12 inches. The keyboard cost another 100 dollars. Up to you, if you dont mind the display being not as great as Retina or Super Amoled. Those displays are why people keep choosing to buy them.

If you need to do serious stuff I suggest you stick with a laptop however, like high end gaming and video editing and processing. Tablets just can't do those things yet. Honestly, if you are into that, stick with a desktop as laptop are still inferior to the power of desktops.

Tablets are great for everything else though, in my opinion. I use mines for playing emulations and downloading torrents and watching them, web surfing, music, youtube. Its much better to use a tablet for it. More relaxing cause you can sit on your bed and do it instead of having to sit up erect.

The best feature for me, I use it as a e-reader.

Last edited:

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
When I was at the store, I checked out the Surface line of tablets. It was my second choice. It wasn't my first choice because it didn't have the best display out there but it did have great specs and the price wasn't too high, about 400 for one that has a really big screen for a tablet, 10-12 inches. The keyboard cost another 100 dollars. Up to you, if you dont mind the display being not as great as Retina or Super Amoled. Those displays are why people keep choosing to buy them.

If you need to do serious stuff I suggest you stick with a laptop however, like high end gaming and video editing and processing. Tablets just can't do those things yet. Honestly, if you are into that, stick with a desktop as laptop are still inferior to the power of desktops.

Tablets are great for everything else though, in my opinion. I use mines for playing emulations and downloading torrents and watching them, web surfing, music, youtube. Its much better to use a tablet for it. More relaxing cause you can sit on your bed and do it instead of having to sit up erect.

The best feature for me, I use it as a e-reader.
Thanks happy. I like something small, that I carry easily with me when I travel. Because laptop is a little pain to carry around. A guy at my work showed me one and told me that it has full capability as a regular laptop except it is smaller and it has that window 8 functionality. Since my laptop is still running window 7, and the price is the same as a laptop around $875.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Really?? Is it surface pro 2. I heard there are 2 kind of surface pro. The regular surface pro that just like have an iPad which I don't need that. I already got 3 iPads already. But the surface pro 2 and 3 that just came out last week those have a full capability like a window laptop. Which one are you talking about, happy. Is it used or new on eBay