Us Citizen Sponsoring Parent(s) (i-130)

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Why hire lawyer when they did the same as I did in bringing parent(s) to live in US with us. It will save you thousand of dollar for lawyer's fee. They cannot go and tell Consulate to approve your parent(s)' visa. So, why pay them.
Requirement:
  • Must be a US Citizen
  • Pay taxes or else need a co-sponsor
  • Must meet minimum Poverty Guidelines or a co-sponsor needed
  • Time frame from start to finish, about a year or less
Very important:
  • Everything must match on ALL DOCUMENTS
  • Date of Birth must also match
  • Petitioner birth certificate must have parents name on it and MUST match same spelling on their parents certificate and passport
I see a lot of this minor error happened then USCIS rejected or the process will take longer than normal time frame. So, triple check every documents you about to mail out to USIC. You don't want to pay another fee to refile if visa denied.

Definition:
Petitioner: A person who is sponsoring an alien relative.
Beneficiary: An alien relative who is intended to live in the United States permanently.

Step 1: USCIS Process
  • Fill out Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
  • Fill out Form G-1145, E-Notification
  • Must fill out separate form for each person you're sponsoring
  • Copy of Petitioner US Certificate Naturalization (front and back)
  • Copy of Petitioner Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Petitioner Married License (if married)
  • Copy of Beneficiary Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Beneficiary Married License
  • Copy of Decease Certificate (if one parent pass away or parent is married to any person that's not your biological parent)
Note: If birth and marriage certificate are in Khmer language, must translate to English and Certified. Must also take the translated document(s) to your local authority for them to stamp on it. Usually a red stamp from your county district. Example:
x1lx7s.jpg

Note: Always make copies of what you mail out to USCIS. One copy for you to keep to mail to your parent(s) in a later time.

** There's a place in Phnom Penh that translate and certified from Khmer to English.
GO Co., Ltd. Translation & Interpreting in Phnom Penh
No. 98C, Oknha Ing Bun Hoaw (St. 108), 12202 Phnom Penh
Tel & Fax 023 986 869
Mobile Phone 012 476 565
Marketing Manager Mr. You Bunthen
Mobile Phone 097 3182 222

** In US, I use Prime Language Services

From the day you mail out, it will take about 9 months for USCIS to Approve or Deny the I-130 petition.

You can always check the status at My Case Status once you receive e-notification of your USCIS case number or call @ 800-375-5283. You might get the e-notification maybe with a week from the time they receive your package.

If your petition is more than 5/6 months call USCIS and ask to speak to Teir 2.

Once your I-130 approved, USCIS will ship your package to National Visa Center (NVC). This will take another 30 business day for any update. You MUST call NVC for case status @ 603-334-0700

Last edited:

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
I-130 Cover Letter
Petition Name and Address

United States Department of Homeland Security
U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services
131 South Dearborn - 3rd Fl
Chicago, IL 60603-5517
Attn: I-130

Date

Nature of the submission: I-130 ORIGINAL SUBMISSION

To Whom It May Concern:

Enclosed please find my Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative for Beneficiary Name, and supporting documents.

Contents include:
• I-130 Form
• I-130 Fee – Check# xxx and $ amount
• G-1145 Form
• Copy of Petitioner US Certificate Naturalization
• Copy of Petitioner Birth Certificate (English/Khmer)
• Copy of Beneficiary Birth Certificate (English/Khmer)
• Copy of Beneficiary Married License (English/Khmer)
• Copy of Decease Certificate (if one parent pass away or parent is married to any person that's not your biological parent)

Copies of documents submitted are exact photocopies of unaltered documents and I understand that I may be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at a later date.

Signed,

Print name and sign
Petitioner

Last edited:

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Step 2: NVC Process: 603-334-0700, https://ceac.state.gov/ceac/
- At the interview, make sure your parent(s) bring original birth, marriage certificate, and the rest of documents that you mail to them.
- Mail your parent(s) your original Marriage certificate if you are marriage
- Write questions/answer for your parent(s) to study so they can prepare for the interview
  1. Call NVC if they receive your parent(s) approval letter (NOA2) from USCIS
  2. Call NVC and ask for parents case number and IIN (Invoice Identification Number)
  3. Once you had both number, you can go online and pay invoice. All forms are online submission
    1. Create email for each parent(s) so you can use it for Choice of Agent
    2. DS-261 for each person - Choice of Agent. This is if you want to represent your parent(s). All documents will be email to you.
    3. Pay Affidavit of Support (AOS) online $88 --> if you file for both parents, you only need to pay for only ONE person.
    4. Pay IV online $460 for each person
    5. DS-260 for each person (Visa)
    6. Print all confirmation page
  4. Once all done, express mail all documents (IV and AOS) to NVC , SEE POST #5
  5. A few week later, call NVC for status of AOS and IV
    1. if not approve, you will get a checklist - this checklist tell you what they needed
  6. It will take about 4 months for NVC to Complete the case
  7. Depending on the backlog after case completed, you should get an email on the interview date maybe within 2-3 months from case complete.
  8. Then Mail everything (USCIS package and NVC interview letter) to your parent(s)
Reminder:
Cambodia Criminal background are valid for 1 year.
Passport photo valid for only 6 months, size 5cm x 5cm or 2in x 2in

Have parent(s) bring Interview letter to do Medical exam at any below location:

International Organization for Migration (IOM)
No. 31, Street 71, Boeung Keng Kang 1,
Khan Chamcar Mon
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel: (023) 720 406 or 215 513, 216 532
Fax: (023) 216 423
Dr. Leul MEKONNEN
Basic Examination Fee:
Adults USD 90
Children (Under 15) USD 80

Internationall SOS Medical and Dental Clinic
House 161, Street 51 (Pasteur)
Sangkat Boeung Raing
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Tel: (023) 216 911
Fax: (023) 215 811
Dr. N. Tan
Dr. Meas Keth Carine
Basic Examination Fee:
Adults: USD 102
Children (Under 15): USD 87

http://cambodia.usembassy.gov/immigrant_visas.html

Last edited:

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
i would think that our asian would actually done theirs when they came to U.S, i supposed not since this is going on. I knew Mexican always sneak trying to get into this land.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Sample letter of AOS:

DATE

National Visa Center
ATTN: CMR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Subject: Affidavit of Support I-864 for NVC Case Number PHPxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please find enclosed the Form I-864, Affidavit of Support, for my PARENT, NAME, and supporting documents as follows:

1. NAME, Petitioner
● AOS bar-coded cover sheet
● Form I-864 (signed and dated)
● 2013 Tax Transcript with W2
● 2012 Tax Transcript with W2
● 2011 Tax Transcript with W2
● Employment Verification
● 4 months pay stubs
● Copy US Citizenship Certificate

2. NAME, Co-sponsor (RELATIONSHIP TO PETIIONER)
● AOS bar-coded cover sheet
● Form I-864A (signed and dated)
● 2013 Tax Transcript with W2
● 2012 Tax Transcript with W2
● 2011 Tax Transcript with W2
● Letter of Employment
● 4 months of pay stubs
● Photocopy of Marriage Certificate (IF CO-SPONSOR IS your SPOUSE)
● Photocopy of US Citizenship Certificate

Scanned copies of forms and documents submitted are exact copies of unaltered documents and I understand that I will be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at the interview.

I kindly request you to process the above forms at your earliest convenience and I am looking forward to an early approval.

If you have any questions or concerns on the above matter, please do not hesitate to contact me at PHONE or at the address below.

Thank you,
SIGNED

Sample letter of IV Package:

DATE

National Visa Center
ATTN: CMR
31 Rochester Ave. Suite 100
Portsmouth, NH 03801-2914

Subject: Supporting Documents for the DS-260 for NVC Case Number PHPxxxxxxx

Dear Sir/Madam:

Please find enclosed the supporting documents for the DS-260 as follows:

● IV bar-coded cover sheet
● Two (2) passport-size photographs of beneficiary (case number, beneficiary’s full name, and date of birth are written on back of both)
● Photocopy of the biographic data page of beneficiary’s passport
● Certified birth certificate of beneficiary
● Certified marriage certificate of beneficiary
● Original police clearance certificate of beneficiary
● Certified birth certificate of petitioner
● Certified Marriage Certificate of petitioner
● Copy of US Citizenship Certificate of petitioner

Scanned copies of documents submitted are exact copies of unaltered documents and I understand that I will be required to submit original documents to an Immigration or Consular officer at the interview.

I kindly request you to process the above forms at your earliest convenience and I am looking forward to an early approval.

If you have any questions or concerns on the above matter, please do not hesitate to contact me at PHONE or at the address below.

Thank you,
SIGNED

Note: Mail all these documents in just one big envelope

Last edited:

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
if goupon put it on here, it must be important and hes trying to help out. Please don't ask such question, i'm sure goupon always do put stuff on here for benefit stuff and not just to post.

if goupon put it on here, it must be important and hes trying to help out. Please don't ask such question, i'm sure goupon always do put stuff on here for benefit stuff and not just to post.
o_O Just wondering why so serious you?

kalyann

Commoner
Groupon im still waiting for my second husband to b boarded from srok khmer, n will talk bout the third nd fourth one later on lolz

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
Why hire lawyer when they did the same as I did in bringing parent(s) to live in US with us. It will save you thousand of dollar for lawyer's fee. They cannot go and tell Consulate to approve your parent(s)' visa. So, why pay them.
Requirement:
  • Must be a US Citizen
  • Pay taxes or else need a co-sponsor
  • Must meet minimum Poverty Guidelines or a co-sponsor needed
  • Time frame from start to finish, about a year or less
Very important:
  • Everything must match on ALL DOCUMENTS
  • Date of Birth must also match
  • Petitioner birth certificate must have parents name on it and MUST match same spelling on their parents certificate and passport
I see a lot of this minor error happened then USCIS rejected or the process will take longer than normal time frame. So, triple check every documents you about to mail out to USIC. You don't want to pay another fee to refile if visa denied.

Definition:
Petitioner: A person who is sponsoring an alien relative.
Beneficiary: An alien relative who is intended to live in the United States permanently.

Step 1: USCIS Process
  • Fill out Form I-130, Petition for Alien Relative
  • Fill out Form G-1145, E-Notification
  • Must fill out separate form for each person you're sponsoring
  • Copy of Petitioner US Certificate Naturalization (front and back)
  • Copy of Petitioner Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Beneficiary Birth Certificate
  • Copy of Beneficiary Married License
Note: If certificate are in Khmer language, must translate to English and Certified. Not Notarize

Note: Always make copies of what you mail out to USCIS. One copy for you to keep to mail to your parent(s) in a later time.

** There's a place in Phnom Penh that translate and certified from Khmer to English.
** In US, I use Prime Language Services

From the day you mail out, it will take about 9 months for USCIS to Approve or Deny the I-130 petition.

You can always check the status at My Case Status once you receive e-notification of your USCIS case number or call @ 800-375-5283. You might get the e-notification maybe with a week from the time they receive your package.

If your petition is more than 5/6 months call USCIS and ask to speak to Teir 2.

Once your I-130 approved, USCIS will ship your package to National Visa Center (NVC). This will take another 30 business day for any update. You MUST call NVC for case status @ 603-334-0700

Excellent! Thanks for doing the leg work and putting it down succinctly.
kobeten.gif

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
Too bad, all my family are citizen.. would help me even if i want to test it out LMAo.

Boss56

Commoner
i would think that our asian would actually done theirs when they came to U.S, i supposed not since this is going on. I knew Mexican always sneak trying to get into this land.

Yeah, it is harder for other races to come into this country, but Mexicans walk in and get amnesty. No wonder why they are the majority now.

Yeah, it is harder for other races to come into this country, but Mexicans walk in and get amnesty. No wonder why they are the majority now.
There's 14 million of them, undocumented. To put this in perspective, there's only about 200,000 Khmers in US.

Jaxa4786

Commoner
Wanderer
Useful information. Now if my parents try to bring someone to US it will be easier for them