Videos Removal - Please Read

Ash

Admin
Admin
Just for everyone's information, there is a difference between Khmer Ave & Merlkon. We do not moderate Khmer Ave, as we do with Merlkon. This is one of the main reasons why TVB, SPP and its prior productions are not allowed on Merlkon. Just like any other websites, we too, have to comply and take actions when warned by copyright license holders.

Your videos are not removed if they still exist in your dashboard. Your videos maybe unlisted from the public listing, yet still searchable. In the case that your videos get removed, you will receive a notice.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
thank you so much for the Info, Bong pross Ash

Reactions: Ash
This is useful and informative, I did not know this!!
This is the same business model as mysoju.com? Remember them, not sure if they are still running.
Actually mysoju.tv now.

Ash

Admin
Admin
Mysoju was shut down a while ago. I am not sure if the new site is from the same owner. Drama Crazy & Anime Crazy faced the same tragedy after.

Mysoju was shut down a while ago. I am not sure if the new site is from the same owner. Drama Crazy & Anime Crazy faced the same tragedy after.
Do you know what happened bong and are we at risk of facing the same fate?
I was talking to hunnie about buying an external HDD to save all these series.
It would be a huge set back to lose all the work we've been able to accomplished.

Ash

Admin
Admin
Do you know what happened bong and are we at risk of facing the same fate?
I was talking to hunnie about buying an external HDD to save all these series.
It would be a huge set back to lose all the work we've been able to accomplished.

I am sure it was lawsuit related. All three of these websites were once ranked in the top 5,000 websites in the world, even surpassing the legitimate site, Drama Fever. No competitors this huge will allow these sites to live.

I cannot speak for the future of our websites but keep in mind that the Cambodian dubbing industry in the USA is pretty small. A market this size is usually less of a concern from the major publishing company.

I am sure it was lawsuit related. All three of these websites were once ranked in the top 5,000 websites in the world, even surpassing the legitimate site, Drama Fever. No competitors this huge will allow these sites to live.

I cannot speak for the future of our websites but keep in mind that the Cambodian dubbing industry in the USA is pretty small. A market this size is usually less of a concern from the major publishing company.
gotcha - Let's hope for the best for both sides.

Ash

Admin
Admin
The internet has been the cause of downfall in many local business. However, many Cambodian dubbing companies went out of business during the economy crisis, including Mayara and Eagle Film productions. People were renting less, & store owners were buying less original DVDs from the vendors.

This might be news to many but Khmer Portal was started off as an online DVD store. It lasted for half a year of testing before we converted to a video sharing community.

I heard it cost thousands of dollars to run servers from your home....
Or cost that much to just have websites/servers running.....

Ash

Admin
Admin
I heard it cost thousands of dollars to run servers from your home....
Or cost that much to just have websites/servers running.....

It is not advisable to run a business from your home server. Start small, & rent a shared server for under $5.00 a month. An average dedicated server costs anywhere from $150 - $300 a month. Our network of sites are currently running on three dedicated servers, two shared servers, & 1 virtual private server. Even without sponsors or income, our network can easily run for years.

Khmer Forum is currently ad-free, & will be running for a very long time.

Last edited:
It is not advisable to run a business from your home server. Start small, & rent a shared server for under $5.00 a month. An average dedicated server costs anywhere from $150 - $300 a month. Our network of sites are currently running on three dedicated servers, two shared servers, & 1 virtual private server. Even without sponsors or income, our network can easily run for years.

Khmer Forum is currently ad-free, & will be running for a very long time.
Thanks bong Ash.
Also, thanks for making me VIP :D.
I've been coveting the VIP status for quite some time.