What Is Love?

I don't think love is meant to last a long time because after a while it start to fade and you become comfortable with one another. If love is true than why so many people fall in love so many times over and over? No such thing as true love since people fall in and fall out of love with many different partner. There are so many men/women in this world that we have never met before and they can also be your love. Love don't last. I hope that make sense.

I forgot to mention, I have never been in love so I might be the wrong person to answer this question.

That's why there's love and there's true love....two completely different things, Phon88.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I believe love is never changed only people is changed:sneaky:

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I don't think love fades because you become comfortable with each other over time. You'll know how deeply you love that person when she is no longer around. True love stands the test of time and it does not have to be in epic level compared to what we normally see in fairytale series.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
True Love Is...
  • True Love is Caring. The ancient Greeks had many different names for different forms of love: passion, virtuous, affection for the family, desire, and general affection. But no matter how love is defined, they all hold a common trait: caring.
  • True Love is Attractive. Attraction and chemistry form the bond that allows people to mate. Without this romantic desire for another individual, a relationship is nothing more than lust or infatuation.
  • True Love is Attached. Like the mother-child bond, attachment comes after the initial attraction. Attachment is the long term love that appears anywhere from one to three years into a romantic relationship (sometimes sooner and very rarely after), and you'll know you've found it when you can honestly say, "I've seen the worst and the best you have to offer, and I still love you," while your partner feels the same way.
  • True Love is Commited. When it comes to true love, commitment is more than just monogamy. Its the knowledge that your partner cares for you and has your back, no matter what the circumstances. People who are strongly commited to one another will, when faced with seemingly negative information about their partner, see only the positive.
  • True Love is Intimate. Intimacy is a crucial component of all relationships, regardless of their nature. In order to know another, you need to share parts of yourself. This self-revealing behavior, when reciprocated, forms an emotional bond. Over time this bond strengthens and even evolves, so that two people merge closer and closer together. Intimacy by itself if is a great friendship, but compiled with the other things in this list, it forms an equation for true love.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Islasfoods, you should watch the Chinese series The Return of the Condor Heroes, especially the 95 version, because it explores the question, what is love?

I don't think love fades because you become comfortable with each other over time. You'll know how deeply you love that person when she is no longer around. True love stands the test of time and it does not have to be in epic level compared to what we normally see in fairytale series.
Yup I agreed. I didn't know how much I loved my ex till I broke up with her and she decided she doesn't want to return because I broke up with her for about 100 times and each time it got worse and worse. Then one day, after being lonely, I realized how much she meant to me. By that time, it was too late. Story of my life.

Islasfoods

Commoner
I don't think love is meant to last a long time because after a while it start to fade and you become comfortable with one another. If love is true than why so many people fall in love so many times over and over? No such thing as true love since people fall in and fall out of love with many different partner. There are so many men/women in this world that we have never met before and they can also be your love. Love don't last. I hope that make sense.

I forgot to mention, I have never been in love so I might be the wrong person to answer this question.
You are right bro i agree with you

Islasfoods

Commoner

Sir love is blind thats y it happen..

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
True story: A man's wife falls ill and she went into a coma. She went on life support. The doctor said the chances of her waking up is very slim to none. The doctor said he should pull the plug and let her rest. The husband refuse. He kept her on life support. He's pretty wealthy, but not rich. Can he use his money to continue dating, probably a younger lady, I think so. But he didn't. He talks to her every time he goes for visitation. He continue to pay for her hospital's bill. It was a five years period of him doing that.

Question: Is it true love that this man loves his wife where he doesn't marry again, won't let her go, and continue to be by her side hoping she wakes up?

Conclusion: to be continue.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Question: Is it true love that this man loves his wife where he doesn't marry again, won't let her go, and continue to be by her side hoping she wakes up?
It could be true love that endures all things, obsession, or simply an obligation to honor one's marriage vow to love unto death, or a combination. Waiting to read the rest of the story. Would be interesting if there was a twist to the story.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
That's why there's love and there's true love....two completely different things, Phon88.
I hear people say that if it's true love, then one shouldn't have to try so hard. So if we're trying too hard to make it work, does it mean that what we have isn't true love?