Facebook Buying Oculus Rift For $2 B

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
This thread is more for ranting since I've been following this rift, virtual reality headset, since the day it started from Kickstarter. It feels like Oculus has betrayed the gaming community for this crazy sum of cash. Many Kickstarter and gaming supporters have been contributing millions of dollars to this company for what they've envisioned to be the next level of virtual reality gaming.

But out of all the company, Facebook is acquiring it? So instead of playing Elder Scroll Online through a virtual reality space, we would be playing Facebook's Farmville VR. :mad:

I guess on the positive side is that FB has the money to push VR. I will support Sony's VR first at this point.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
2B is a lot of money. I hope they finish development soon so I can get my hands on one.

VR will bring adult entertainment to a whole new level -- I can see why you can't wait. :D

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Most likely why it was my gaming rant. In reality, you can't really blame anyone for making this kind of choice -- it only makes logical sense to do so. Money outweighs everything these days, so what you said, I'm all in agreement with.

Regardless, I'm curious about what Facebook will be doing with this technology.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Yeah, most of the gaming community has already dropped support for it -- Even Minecraft developers canned their current project on the rift.

I'd hate to wear or use any electronic devices with the Facebook logo on it lol.