Have Things Always Been The Same?

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I meet a lot of people who seem to think that things have always been the same. By "things" I mean violence, financial woes, crimes, etc. My parents and older folks tell me that back in their days, things weren't as bad as now. I don't know. What do you guys think?

Personally, I think things are getting worse. People seem to lose it easily; they don't have patience. They don't want to endure any hardship. They kill others and then kill themselves.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Personally, I think things are getting worse. People seem to lose it easily; they don't have patience. They don't want to endure any hardship. They kill others and then kill themselves.

I do agree with you, Hamster dear.

I was also wondering, what make people do all those things…. I believe they might be religion less or lawless… or another work they just do not believe in anything.

My parents told me the reason religion or law exists just trying to prevent people to do cruel thing…… if they believe it

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I think mankind cause many of the reason for violence now. Back in the days, I don't know, frontier times, etc. They don't really do drugs, just barely making money to drink here and there. There weren't several clubbing or so forth. People now are doing drugs, it change their way of thinking and creating many vegetable brains out there. People who are not in their sane minds will do whatever. We have so many ways to attract problem and issue to ourselves.

Why she has a Louis Vuitton bag and I don't? I'm going to jump her.

Why it cost so much for gas now, I barely has the money to buy grapes for my kids. I'm going to steal that liquor store.

This drugs is addicting, lets have fun. wooh you want to fight me?

lolz I'm just ranting bunch of stuff. :)

Back then, it's about working and making ends to support the family. Our ancestor don't have the time to look for ways to just have fun and end up in trouble. Now, the new generation are about fun and don't need to worry about staying sane.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I was also wondering, what make people do all those things…. I believe they might be religion less or lawless… or another work they just do not believe in anything.
That may be one reason why, bong. People who feel they don't have an accountability can be daring. Some people let their desires control them and encroach on the rights of others. Then there are people who claim to have been controlled by a force greater than themselves. Various reasons, some we can't make sense of or fathom.

Back then, it's about working and making ends to support the family. Our ancestor don't have the time to look for ways to just have fun and end up in trouble. Now, the new generation are about fun and don't need to worry about staying sane.
This makes me think of my professor. He said in his days life was hard so everyone worked and studied hard, taking nothing for granted. He wonders why students nowadays who have it easy can be so lazy (90% of my class failed his exam, including me).