If This Life Is It...

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
If this is all there is to life and this life is it and there is no afterlife, are you okay with it?

You should research what Stephen Hawkins has to say about the meaning of life. It's on a show on netflix and what he has to say I find quite interesting and I think it will have some good answer for you :D. It's part science, part philosophy and more. Me personally, I don't give a !@#@ anymore cause I'm been trying to figure that out for myself for the last two decades and find that questions lead to more questions and eventually, you end up either back where you started or nowhere. So I stopped trying to figure it all out and just started accepting life for what is, and that is, we are have to have our needs met no matter what else, we are always going to be human beings - driven by our biology and evolution. I don't think Buddha or God or religious figures are anymore special than ordinary people. I say, find your own way dude. If you think life is all about sports, then so be it. If you think life is about family, then why not? Do what whatever makes you happy and be happy to be alive, no matter how imperfect your life is compared to others you see on television or in real life. That to me is life, basically living it the best you can and how you want it. Know one has the authority to decide that for you :D. So why question if there is an afterlife when you got actual life to deal with?

Last edited:

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
What prompted that question was a dream I had. Dreamed that a group of nazi-wannabes go around killing anybody and everybody and every minute I'm running for my life and people die left and right. Not okay with that.

I think just being born into this world is a great injustice. Life is like a tease. You get to have a little fun and then you're forced to die. You're forced to watch (helplessly) people you love suffer until their eventual death. And you're forced, in a sense, to admit defeat because you can't rid all problems even if you wanted to.

Being born in this world is a great injustice bro - that is why I'm always searching for the truth among the many lies told to people by the govt, by the rich, by the evil, and by religion. Seek your own truth brother and maybe that truth give you a sense of clarity and peace :D.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
If this is all there is to life and this life is it and there is no afterlife, are you okay with it?

Lately I like to believe in life after death to cope with my current situation but I'm okay if there isn't one. I'm still seeking the meaning of life. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
What prompted that question was a dream I had. Dreamed that a group of nazi-wannabes go around killing anybody and everybody and every minute I'm running for my life and people die left and right. Not okay with that.

I think just being born into this world is a great injustice. Life is like a tease. You get to have a little fun and then you're forced to die. You're forced to watch (helplessly) people you love suffer until their eventual death. And you're forced, in a sense, to admit defeat because you can't rid all problems even if you wanted to.

I felt the same way about life like you Hamster. But for me, I solely believe there is no afterlife. Thinking of an aftermath and something else waiting for you after death is just people trying to make themselves feel better when death comes around. Sorry if I offend someone's belief. I just figured life is a big tease and you'll forced to leave everything behind when the time comes. Since life has a time limit, I try to enjoy life more in compare to becoming rich. I just need to buy life insurance so my kids can have money when I leave this world. There's no solution in fighting death so spending more time with love ones is very important for me.

I agreed with Happy on living happy to the fullest because life has a time limit, better not waste any moment of it thinking about what we have no control or answer for.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Rei do you go out in pubilc in that mask?
I don't go out in public as V, but how cool would that be? :D

I am not sure this life is even real to be honest. Just think about how big the universe is and all of the things in open space. It is mind blowing.

Phon, in what way do you think life is unreal? Like the Matrix? Inception? Just curious. :)

Last edited:
Happy already knew how I look like, at least I think lol.
I think I have bro.....You dark skin, about 5" 7', slim to medium build, you own a leather jacket. If this is not you then I'm mistaken. You have a mohawk?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I don't remember wearing a leather jacket in any of my pictures but I do own one. And I had a mohawk, ages ago lol.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Everything is almost spot on except I'm barely dark at all. :D

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I'm far from being the only one without a self picture -- *glances at Happy and Hamster* :D

I think something like the Matrix is possible. I took an extra philosophy class back in 2009 and my professor use the matrix as a guide to our course. After finishing that class I started to wonder more and thought about crazy ideas. Some of the things that I wonder or think about I would be too embarrassed to share because people will laugh or think I am crazy. Researching what Stephen Hawking has to say is interested and make you think of even crazier thought.

I have never seen Inception. I will probably will have to look that movie up to see what it is all about. With American movies I will only watch something that has a hidden message. For example, fight club, Matrix, Hunger Game, and a few other.
I love philosophy phon88! Especially ancient eastern philosophy, I couldn't give a hoot about the new stuff but I love Nietzche If I spelled that right. He's a freaking genius, way ahead of his time. You think about it, all the great ideas and inventions and how society is what it is, is all because of philosophy! Philosophy is the first step that branches out to everything else that comes from the human mind! Nuff said, now go and get your worthless philosophy degree!

I'm far from being the only one without a self picture -- *glances at Happy and Hamster* :D
I'm an overweight, short, ugly mug, Rei. Hardened by the streets and bitter at life. That should paint a picture. I'm the guy you call when you need muscle. I'm the guy you call when your girl is getting harassed, or boyfriend. I'm too tough for my own damn good. When I act out, people start shaking (no lie). I have a picture of me when I was super cute and little, I'll post it up, but I was getting bullied left and right man, it drove me to become mean big and ugly just so people would leave me alone. That's how fucked up the world is, you can't show any weakness, especially among the low-class group of people. The higher class don't do that, they just greedy and will do anything for money. The low class are violent group of people. That's what I learn. So I became strong and hardened. I walk my dog and people are scared to look at me or make eye contact cause they think I'm looking for trouble. My life pretty sad that I had to do look like this to get away from bullies. Deep down, I'm a really sweet tender guy but too many people have taken advantage of me.

Last edited: