Introduce Yourself

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Hey everyone, I'm Jin from Massachusetts.
Welcome to the forum, Jin dear
hope to see you more around often ;)

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I'm from Medford. what about you?
Up in Lowell. I haven't been down South as much, are there many Cambodian people down in Medford?

Jin

Beggar
I know of Lowell. As for Medford, I'm not entirely sure. I actually haven't seen a Cambodian person in the last last few years anywhere let alone where I live.

Up in Lowell. I haven't been down South as much, are there many Cambodian people down in Medford?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I just thought there might be a Cambodian population down there I might not know of, and just had to ask. :)

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
hello, my khmer peeps and non-khmer friends. please allow me to introduce myself....as if i'm in a job interview. my name is...well, you have to find out, so you can call me, "believe," at the mo. i have a little over a few years experience participating in forums online; however, i had no problem assimilating to the forums' cultures. with that said, not only my flexibility made my forum experience wonderful, but my ability to engage others to participate in healthy debates were one of my repertoire i can bring to to the table. i am friendly, easygoing, approachable, sympathetic, and somewhat empathetic (if you're cool with me), and i hope yall find me part of your "forum family." my experiences are as follows:

asiafinest - (aside from asianavenue, myspace, fb) this is the first online forum i've signed up with, 2009 or 2010 i think. i stumbled upon this forum cuz i damn bored online and i wanted to get in touch with my khmer roots and this was the first that popped up on google. asiafinest an online community catered to asians. at first, i thought it was cool how it was laid out cuz the site had sections for cambodians, chinese, thai, lao, japanese, and etc. but it didn't take long for me to see how segregated it was. i felt that this layout, which separated asian countries, allowed those who were nationalists to become big-headed and subsequently ruin the forum as a whole. for real, it was retarded. i live in the states, and i hear a lot of blacks saying, "black on black crime" and i shake my head. on asiafinest, it seemed like there were "asian on asian crime." i read lots of derogatory comments towards one another. many were towards khmers, and i didn't appreciate it cuz obviously it hit home more. the khmer section did not have a moderator, so it was heavily abused. many other asians, especially thai or lao members went in to the cambodian section to condescend khmers or anything related to khmers. fucked up, huh? i realized that after my short stint there, it's an unhealthy environment for me and i had to leave.

if you are an asiafinest loyal, and is upset with what i wrote, then i'll say to you, "i don't give a fuck!"

khmerlife - my short maybe 1-year stint with asiafinest brought me to khmerlife, where i made it my e-home. when i got there, the og's on kl kept saying that kl was no better than how it was when it thrived in the early 2000's, but i differed in my opinion cuz i didn't know how it was and basically i didn't care. kl, at the time, was where i felt most comfortable. this site kept me sane from the troubles that continued to haunt me in the real world. i made some pretty interesting friends, learned some juicy background stories from the members i met, joined in many healthy debates, and most importantly, i truly think i impacted the sports section on kl and am proud of it, too!

some members on kl thought that the site was a playground for the immature. i say, whateva. maybe they didn't dive in a little further on social human interaction, so i don't care. people become who they are when they their shields are down. for instance, it's like your relationship with you and your girl. before you met her, she may have been holding herself back, acting all mature or professional, but after she got with you, she changed. because she got comfortable with you, she showed her true self and her true self included qualities of a little girl. she started to talk like a little girl, cried for help like a little girl, and basically wanted to be babied. ok, i know i made a generalization based on a small sample about girls/women i've encountered, but yall get my point, which is that people become their true selves after some time. you can't deny it, no matter how old you are, you are a kid in many ways. it showd while i was on kl.

as you can see, i haven't had many forum experiences. although my resume isn't lengthy, but i can assure you that i have the skillset and the evilness to spark conversations, both in mature and immature fashion, on this forum.

anyone know what happened to kl?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Nice introduction. This is actually my first forum that I actually participated in. :)

Welcome to the forum believe. Our mod here is theary and she's very helpful. Hope you enjoy it here.

When it comes to childish, I'm still a big kid at heart.

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Welcome to the Forum, Believe dear.
we are pleased for your participation with the Forum:)
please stop by more often..... If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.
We will be glad to assist you.

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
Hi everyone! You can just call me PK or Hermit like my gaming buddies do. Why Hermit? I've spent weeks inside of my house without stepping outside before, I like hiking the mountains, and lastly Hermit was what Odin is known when he walks the Earth.
I'm 32 years old and I live in Illinois. I grew up in murder capital of the US. I'm also a university drop out. I wasn't failing or anything like that but I didn't want to waste my time going to school for an undetermined major. I live in a 2 story single family home and my parents are my roommates. They're my roommates because I share half of the mortgage and utility bills with them. I have a cat name Majin after Majin Buu of Dragon Ball Z because she is as evil as they come. She hates dogs with a passion and she will go into lock on and kill mode if she see one on sight. I work in a factory as a production team leader and we makes oem parts for various car brands.
I'm very into tuning cars. I have 2 of my own. My daily driver the white BMW E92 I named "Mashiro" and my track attack the black Toyota Supra JZA70 GT35R I named "Kuroko". My favorite colors are white, black and grey. I can build and customize computers and have basic knowledge in programming. I'm very into Japanese rock and Korean pop. I have an acoustic guitar and an electric guitar. I have a bokken sword and a steel sword I use to practice iaido. I have a big interest in the paranormal. I will some times drive to a haunted place myself and sit there for 20 minutes or so to see if it is real. I'm an expert in Dance Dance Revolution and In The Groove or any dance games. Despite my age I can still out play a lot of the younger kids.
I recently have an interest in traveling. In the last 2 years I've been to Hawaii twice, Seattle, Vancouver, Portland, Manhattan, Nashville and will be in San Francisco during Labor Day weekend of this year. I will be going to Cambodia for 3 weeks at the end of the year and Japan in April or May of next year. I've done white water rafting in upper Michigan and would like to try that again some time next year. If there's anything else you guys want to know or talk about, feel free to ask.

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Welcome to the Forum PK!
That is very of you and Thank you so much for sharing it with us:)
please stop more often, PK dear

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
not only my flexibility made my forum experience wonderful, but my ability to engage others to participate in healthy debates were one of my repertoire i can bring to to the table.
sounds good to me. we could use more debates in the forums. i agree with you about asiafinest--that was such a high blood pressure inducing forums. lol. i remember browsing through that forums briefly and then starting to cuss profanity--something out of character for me. cause the racism there is so outrageous.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hi everyone! You can just call me PK or Hermit like my gaming buddies do. Why Hermit? I've spent weeks inside of my house without stepping outside before, I like hiking the mountains, and lastly Hermit was what Odin is known when he walks the Earth.
Hermit! I'm Hamster, we could be the 2H of Khmerforums :D Welcome. So were your parents disappointed or mad when you dropped out of college? I've always wanted to go to Japan. It's in the plan.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hermit! I'm Hamster, we could be the 2H of Khmerforums :D Welcome. So were your parents disappointed or mad when you dropped out of college? I've always wanted to go to Japan. It's in the plan.

I will start traveling when I get my career going. Sounds like fun guys. :)

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
I will start traveling when I get my career going. Sounds like fun guys. :)

Hunnie, you'll be very addicted once your start traveling. I wanted to go to Europe with my sister this August but I got occupied with the trip to Cambodia. I made a bet with my mom and I lost so I'm obligated to go with her and my dad. I'm also paying for the hotels for all 3 of us for the 3 weeks we're there. The scariest thing about going there is the relatives and clean bathrooms. I'll make sure to bring several packets of sanitary wipes. I know my parents will want to visit all their relatives.

We can try to be 4H. Hamster, my parents were very cool about it. They were very adamant about me finishing high school but they said once I'm 18, I can make my own decisions. They encourage me on what ever decisions I make and if I make bad ones I can learn from it. It's part of life and they'll always be there to catch me when I fall.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hamster, my parents were very cool about it. They were very adamant about me finishing high school but they said once I'm 18, I can make my own decisions. They encourage me on what ever decisions I make and if I make bad ones I can learn from it. It's part of life and they'll always be there to catch me when I fall.
Your parents sound awesome.