Super Moderator
VIP

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Thanks for the welcome !

Currently my son is helping to translate. It seems like everything is in English, but I was wondering if it was fine to write in Cambodian on the forum to answer ?
Yes, you can reply in Khmer. I know how to read and write Khmer.the reason I write in English, because I want to improve my English though. So please do not feel just only one of you here, because I am who is the same shoe as you too

SUOS

Beggar
Yes, you can reply in Khmer. I know how to read and write Khmer.the reason I write in English, because I want to improve my English though. So please do not feel just only one of you here, because I am who is the same shoe as you too

(This is the son writing here)

In fact I had a similar idea. I thought that by pushing him to use a forum he could both improve a bit his English while also learning how to use a forum (since he isn't much into social media). However it seems that I miscalculated a bit because he has troubles understanding to begin with. Thus he is quickly losing his initial motivation.
It might have been too early for him, I don't know :(. Probably I have to rethink my plan and take it slower. Thanks for your kindness anyway.

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

In fact I had a similar idea. I thought that by pushing him to use a forum he could both improve a bit his English while also learning how to use a forum (since he isn't much into social media). However it seems that I miscalculated a bit because he has troubles understanding to begin with. Thus he is quickly losing his initial motivation.
It might have been too early for him, I don't know :(. Probably I have to rethink my plan and take it slower. Thanks for your kindness anyway.
not a problem at all:D
YOU ARE A GREAT SON(y). your father will be proud having son like you
I know how your father feel, because i have been in his situation before.....
I do know learning the second language is not easy and it is required alot of courage,patience and determination.
To be honest, once in a while i still run into unfamiliar word...i have to use khmer/english dictionary or google for it....
please keep courage him.
He can start it by stopping by the forum and post his comment in khmer and if he have some questions or concerns ... please tell him do not hesitate to ask...... we are here to help if we possibly can

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP

My dad watch a lot of American shows, it helps him speak better English also.
There are dictionary for Khmer/English that can also help your dad.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
new to the forum.. hi everyone!!

Welcome violetz.

CutePenguin.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hunner, you seem to be happy 24/7. lol

Hi violetz, everyone has their down days, but I don't want to bring my unhappiness among others to make them feel the bad vibe. While it's hard to cope with the changing environment, America taught me to always bring a smile so others will always feel welcomed around you. I hear and I see things out of my control, but it doesn't help matter any better if I join the cries, our parents always taught us to be strong and stand up to it.

As we lived adulthood, we don't want the stress to get the best of us, because life is too short, we can't take anything for granted. We have to learn to love and appreciated what we have left and be strong for those that looked after us as a role model. I try to be polite and keep my own issue to myself. I looked happy in my picture, I looked happy in person, but I'm not happy with so many things.

Today, someone I cared so much for, lied to me. Take me as a fool, make me feel stupid, I really want to punch that person in the face and throw sand, but I can only breathe it in. It hurts deep inside, because I can no longer care for that person anymore. As much as I hate losing another love ones, I'm torn to stay around people I can't trust.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Welcome aboard ButterB and Violetz!

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Today, someone I cared so much for, lied to me. Take me as a fool, make me feel stupid, I really want to punch that person in the face and throw sand, but I can only breathe it in. It hurts deep inside, because I can no longer care for that person anymore. As much as I hate losing another love ones, I'm torn to stay around people I can't trust.

Sorry to hear about that Hunnie. Being lied to by a friend or relative sucks. I would definitely be torn too.

violetz

Beggar
Hi violetz, everyone has their down days, but I don't want to bring my unhappiness among others to make them feel the bad vibe. While it's hard to cope with the changing environment, America taught me to always bring a smile so others will always feel welcomed around you. I hear and I see things out of my control, but it doesn't help matter any better if I join the cries, our parents always taught us to be strong and stand up to it.

As we lived adulthood, we don't want the stress to get the best of us, because life is too short, we can't take anything for granted. We have to learn to love and appreciated what we have left and be strong for those that looked after us as a role model. I try to be polite and keep my own issue to myself. I looked happy in my picture, I looked happy in person, but I'm not happy with so many things.

I guess I had to learnt that the hard way, anyway people make mistake and you cant fix the damage but you only learn from it. There're things you cherish in front of you that you wont realise until its gone. life goes on, and it best to stick with what you have and look forward to the future.

smey

Commoner
VIP
Hey I am too very shy my full name is Reaksmey but white ppl spell my name Raksmey my middle name is smey if u say my name six time u can hear smile and I am half Khmer and half chines but I don't know how to speak Chinese but I can speak Khmer very well I also can speaka English very good I am from Ottawa Ontario but west of Ottawa nepean I am 27 years old but look very young like I am 16 I always have problem going to Asian stores when I go their ppl in the stores they are Khmer but try to speak to me in different language and when I speak to them in Khmer they seem so suprise because of my looks they think I am Chinese and that's all I am gonna say about my self bye

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I guess I had to learnt that the hard way, anyway people make mistake and you cant fix the damage but you only learn from it. There're things you cherish in front of you that you wont realise until its gone. life goes on, and it best to stick with what you have and look forward to the future.

You're right, life isn't perfect. I will continue to smile at the world, because it's the best way to be happier. :D