Jury Duty

Marvelous

Commoner
Any body know how to get away with it? I got selected every-time and have been served every 2 years. :drowning:

jury.jpg

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Any body know how to get away with it? I got selected every-time and have been served every 2 years. :drowning:

View attachment 3170
Didn't they have a list that you can choose not to do a jury duty. I know if you don't speaking English, or you are a student, or you have old parents to take care, you don't have to serve. I feel your pain Marvelous.

Poor you, I got served once but never went. Nothing happened to me since but I was a rebel back then. I don't suggest you try it.

Marvelous

Commoner
Didn't they have a list that you can choose not to do a jury duty. I know if you don't speaking English, or you are a student, or you have old parents to take care, you don't have to serve. I feel your pain Marvelous.
Yes, they have a list, and I don't fall into any of the categories on the list.

Marvelous

Commoner
Poor you, I got served once but never went. Nothing happened to me since but I was a rebel back then. I don't suggest you try it.
WHAT! you got served and never went? You could go to jail for that.

My brother got summons from both the State and Federal. The sad part is, they are only 3 months apart.

WHAT! you got served and never went? You could go to jail for that.

My brother got summons from both the State and Federal. The sad part is, they are only 3 months apart.
nah. A lot of court dates in So Cal? Here, a lot of traffic tickets ....

Marvelous

Commoner
I am hoping to get out of this time. I have been served for so many times already. Some of the cases, especially the criminal cases last for 2 weeks.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I always fill the form for my dad, I just put that he doesn't understand English even though he's a citizen. So they says he doesn't qualify. He gets away every year with the same excuse. Not sure if you can play that off. I figured at his age (50+) they won't trip.

lovepink

Commoner
Too bad. I have no idea what jury duty is like. I live in Canada and the justice systems here are quite different.

Last edited:

chenna

Level 2
Legendary
VIP

View attachment 3170
Marvelous, i dont know how it work in ur state, but mine is supposed to be one for every 5 years..the only time u doing 2x is when u been selected to go to supreme and judicial jury. U have to save ur confirmation to prove them that u had already went so that way u can avoid next time. If u loose the confirmation, then u have no choice but to go...There r few things u can only avoid. One is u taking care of sick person, or either u have a language barrier...Those instructions shud b on that paper they sent u how to avoid the jury...
Ive been to one that lasted a month nd have to be kept in the hotel away from my fam..is no fun...

chenna

Level 2
Legendary
VIP
ur azz wud been in jail already if u don't go...they don't play games...my uncle is a defense attorney nd i hear it all...

Marvelous

Commoner
Marvelous, i dont know how it work in ur state, but mine is supposed to be one for every 5 years..the only time u doing 2x is when u been selected to go to supreme and judicial jury. U have to save ur confirmation to prove them that u had already went so that way u can avoid next time. If u loose the confirmation, then u have no choice but to go...There r few things u can only avoid. One is u taking care of sick person, or either u have a language barrier...Those instructions shud b on that paper they sent u how to avoid the jury...
Ive been to one that lasted a month nd have to be kept in the hotel away from my fam..is no fun...

In the state of California, jury service are summoned once every 12-month. I got summoned about every 2 years.