Kinda Wish We Would Stop Doing Covers.

Chauster

Beggar
It seems like every Khmer song now a days is a cover to a chinese song, or something else. I wish we would make our own music. I'm sure there are some but the majority of what being released is like covers.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I was just thinking about this earlier. Rock Production tried but didn't garner enough support. Heard they went bankrupt. Sad because I actually liked some of their songs.

Edit to add: Another thing, I hate reading the youtube comments and the Thais, Koreans, Chinese, etc. dissing Khmers for copying their songs.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
I think all Asian music/video copy from each other. Viet copy from chinese, chinese copy from korea, and vice verse.

Even during Sin Sisamout. He also copy some of American songs

Well is has to do with demographics. I guess all the hundreds of thousands of young Khmer people don't have access to the same stuff here in the states, so these really bad covers are popular to them because they don't know better. That's why they keep doing it, cause it profitable? Just thinking.

Our people need to do something drastic to get their creative juices flowing. C'mon guys, we can really do better! We have the talent, I'm sure. We just need to keep raising the bar for ourselves, keep being competitive in music. Preap Sovat is doing it big man, yall need to try as hard as he does. Lay off the crack helps a lot too.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I think all Asian music/video copy from each other. Viet copy from chinese, chinese copy from korea, and vice verse. Even during Sin Sisamout. He also copy some of American songs
That's true, but nowadays there are hardly any original songs.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Our people need to do something drastic to get their creative juices flowing. C'mon guys, we can really do better! We have the talent, I'm sure. We just need to keep raising the bar for ourselves, keep being competitive in music. Preap Sovat is doing it big man, yall need to try as hard as he does. Lay off the crack helps a lot too.
Kinda like what you said last night, we need talented people who are good with words to write nice flowing lyrics. Some of the covers I heard are pretty good, but some of the lyrics sound kinda choppy.

Kinda like what you said last night, we need talented people who are good with words to write nice flowing lyrics. Some of the covers I heard are pretty good, but some of the lyrics sound kinda choppy.
I said that last night? Cool but I dont remember.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I said that last night? Cool but I dont remember.
lol, well, we were talking about different kinds of smart. and you mentioned how rappers are so good with lyrics... heh

I listened to Khmer oldies last night and noticed that most of the words used are so simple but the way the lyrics are arranged make the songs sound phenomenal.

lol, well, we were talking about different kinds of smart. and you mentioned how rappers are so good with lyrics... heh

I listened to Khmer oldies last night and noticed that most of the words used are so simple but the way the lyrics are arranged make the songs sound phenomenal.
yeah yeah lol sorry that's right, I did say that arrgg....

Chauster

Beggar
maybe i'm a bit bias, but i feel like sin samouth added his own flair while the current generation simply copies and paste.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Typically I don't listen to Khmer music, but I do love me some old Sin Sisamouth. I don't care too much about K-Pop and all that, and I'd love to see some more rock-influenced genre Khmer music.

smey

Commoner
VIP
I think all Asian music/video copy from each other. Viet copy from chinese, chinese copy from korea, and vice verse.

Even during Sin Sisamout. He also copy some of American songs
Some song in Hollywood they copied from Korean song like for example Brian a music beat in 2013 I heard that beat like in 2005 Korean was dancing to it they are the real make of most American song if u guy ever watched their vids for real those white ppl love to steal shit from azn

smey

Commoner
VIP
Yo straight up what kind of song can khmer ppl make a sept for da ding da ding ding the temple music