"most Hated In The World"

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Earlier while I was at the store a man started talking to me. He was complaining how he hated shopping and how his wife was taking forever. He said a lot of random stuffs. Then he asked, "do you know what is the most hated in the world?" I asked him what it was and he said "religion." I can understand why he said that. Religion is divisive. People seem to feel great apathy toward religion. In the comment section of online news article, whenever religion or God is mentioned in a comment, it usually gets attacked. What do you guys think about religion? In your opinion, what is the most hated in the world?

What I hate the most in the world is people--cruel, vicious and abusive people.

Religion has a special place in human history, that's all I know. Imagine if we don't bury our dead or think twice before we harm someone? We be no different from the savage beast roaming the jungle for prey. I guess for me, I think religion is the single most important advancement in our human evolutionary history. It is because of religion (and it's flaws) that lead to scientific knowledge. Also, imagine all the suffering that goes on in the world today, imagine them having no salvation and no place to go to seek the answers that they need to go on living a meaningful life. This is why there are still so many churches and temples everywhere. Life is still incredibly hard for people and that people will always seek a deep meaning for their suffering.

What are those flaws you're alluding to?
That's for people to decide on their own. But historically, one of the controversies with Christianity, particularly with Catholicism, was the belief that salvation can only be achieve through the Pope, that, and the belief that humans and the earth, are the center of the universe and that the sun revolves around the earth. When I say flaws, I mean, the religious beliefs that science has already disproved or cannot prove.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Also, imagine all the suffering that goes on in the world today, imagine them having no salvation and no place to go to seek the answers that they need to go on living a meaningful life. Life is still incredibly hard for people and that people will always seek a deep meaning for their suffering.
Sometimes I wonder what atheists think about all the sufferings going on and what their hope is for the future. As much as I want to believe in humanity, I don't. We're ruining everything.

Sometimes I wonder what atheists think about all the sufferings going on and what their hope is for the future. As much as I want to believe in humanity, I don't. We're ruining everything.
Well I consider myself an atheist but I don't think that's the way to go anymore....

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Religion is a very debatable topic.

If you give a criminal a gun he'll put it to bad use. If you give a good person the gun instead, he'll use it to good use.
Religion is the same. There's always a thin line between good and bad and it falls wherever the person decides where it should goes.
I don't have anything against religion nor do I really practice one. I guess I have so many other things to worry about in my everyday life already to include religion in right now.

What I hated the most in the world is separation. Anything that lead to me separating from the people I love pisses me off. We all have to go through that, but I can't help it but to mention that I really hate having to go through it.

With that said, anything that makes separation occur in my life falls in the category of what I hated.

0.png

Sreymup

ひきこもり
Swordsman
Wanderer
Religion. . . I am a "Buddhist" because my family goes to the temple a lot but I believe in many gods. I am not sure if I even have a religion myself. I believe in the supernatural and spiritual things so I don't know. I like some of the things that you guys said above. Respecting the decreased by burying them so that they can rest in peace, I like that.
I think that having some sort of divine being to look up to and pray to helps us ease our pain, even if it's just a little. This being gives us a sense of hope and protection even though we know how the world and people can be sometimes. (not me but for those people in the world that pray)

And; What I hate the most in the world is unappreciative and abusive people. And I don't like people who try to force their opinions onto others. Violence is not the solution to problems.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
When it comes to religion talks, I don't have any beliefs because I tends to believe in what I can see, not hear. When there is problem, I would go to people close to me for help. It doesn't sounds right for me to pray to someone that I don't know for sure even exist. Sorry for all those believers, this is my personal input on religion. I respect that you guys have your own beliefs which I respect.

In regards to funeral and those important events, if it makes my parent or anyone I love happy for me to perform, I will do it just to make them feel at ease. Whether I believe in it or not, I would still participate just for others to be happy. :D

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
What I hated the most in the world is separation. Anything that lead to me separating from the people I love pisses me off.
Death is a big one. Unfortunately we can't do anything about it, not that I know of.

When it comes to religion talks, I don't have any beliefs because I tends to believe in what I can see, not hear. It doesn't sounds right for me to pray to someone that I don't know for sure even exist.
There are things we can't see but know they exist: air, gravity, electromagnetic field, etc. I can't see my fart but can feel and smell it. :p Heh, yeah God is a tricky one. Some believe some don't. Some can't reconcile the existence of God with the suffering they see in the world. Then there's the matter of which God is real, or are all of them real? The good thing about being a human is, we have free will. So we get to choose what to believe and what not to believe. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Do you personally believe in god yourself, Hamster?

I can't find god with my six sense so I chose to not believe. I really can't find a fact, theory, or occurrence that lead me to think that god exist. If there is god, there is so many people including kids that are suffering and can't even get to live a decent life. So I don't think I will like god because he/she isn't doing much to help those in needs. :bag:

God is already on my bad side. :D Sorry people, more people are using god to do more harm than good. It's not making me appreciate it's existence if that's the case. I'm happy living free will without worrying about someone out there controlling my fate or might. (y)

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Do you personally believe in god yourself, Hamster?
Yes. I was around plants a lot when my father was a landscaper. I got to see many unique plants, trees, flowers. It was hard for me to imagine that those flowers with exotic and intricate designs could come about by chance. From then on I convinced myself that someone must have designed them. A maker, God, if you will. Even my dog, I think, is too awesome for evolution. And our brain. I'm simple-minded, maybe too simple, but that's my conclusion. :)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Yes. I was around plants a lot when my father was a landscaper. I got to see many unique plants, trees, flowers. It was hard for me to imagine that those flowers with exotic and intricate designs could come about by chance. From then on I convinced myself that someone must have designed them. A maker, God, if you will. Even my dog, I think, is too awesome for evolution. And our brain. I'm simple-minded, maybe too simple, but that's my conclusion. :)

We all can make interpretation based on only one thing but can come out with a totally different conclusion. That is what makes us complement each other. Every thought counts. I value your opinion just as much as I follow my owns. At the end of the days it's hard to prove anyone wrong because god is such a sensitive discussion for anyone to analyze.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
every times my family travalling or I have a weird dream or something unexpected occur , I always go to temple to pray... so my mind will be at ease

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
It was hard for me to imagine that those flowers with exotic and intricate designs could come about by chance. From then on I convinced myself that someone must have designed them. A maker, God,:)
sometimes i think the same as you ..hehehehe
i believe there is a faith when we meet someone or lost someone that dearest to me.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
That is what makes us complement each other. Every thought counts. I value your opinion just as much as I follow my owns. At the end of the days it's hard to prove anyone wrong

I feel the same way, Hunnie:)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hates just makes our living days miserable.
I always let go of the terrible things and focus on the happier moments. :)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
sometimes, it is very hard to get rid of it.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Some people have to live through it with a smiling face because being miserable is worst. (y)
I do agree. I believe this how we, human, are though