National Boss Day

Marvelous

Commoner
I never heard of such thing. I didn't even think it existed.

It makes no sense why would you need to please your boss? You are already working for them.

National Boss Day in my opinion is not a day for the employees to go and please their bosses. To me this day is the day to show your appreciation to them for doing their job to keep the department and the team together. Boss is not just the person that you work for; they are also your teacher, leader and supporter. Their tongue is also a weapon to your success within the organization.

Marvelous

Commoner
Finally, someone else is on Bluebird's side. Bluebird said so, too.:p[/QUO
That's why I was speechless. That's like having a National Bully Day.
I have to agree with Hamster, every enterprise needs a head. I'm gonna be that head one day, I"m trying of being the boot or ass. If somebody gonna tell me what to do and decide my pay rate, they better be smarter than me. But that's not how it works, sometimes we just have to take that job cause we're poor and we need that weekly paycheck to feed, housed ourselves so we conform to things we don't internally approve of. In psychology, this is called dissident.
Just doing what is on your job description is not going to get you any further.

Thinking that you are smarter than your boss is also the key to drags you down as well. Instead of taking the time to think that you are smarter than them, you should take that time to learn about their success

Last edited:

Marvelous

Commoner
I usually has experience with nice boss in the past. I did buy them Starbucks before just for the heck of it when I come to work in the morning. I really don't mind having his holiday, I would personally want to give them something just for being nice to me. Of course, you guys have your own view on bosses so no hating over here.

Offering your boss a nice cup of coffee once in a while is a nice thing to do, but just don't do it all the time. When you do it too often it is considered as bribery and some bosses doesn't like that.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Just doing what is on your job description is not going to get you any further.

Thinking that you are smarter than your boss is also the key to drags you down as well. Instead of taking the time to think that you are smarter than them, you should take that time to learn about their success

I love you Marvelous. Well said. :)