Petition To Have Khmer Font And Keyboard On Idevices

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Dear Cambodian community,

Please help support our Khmer language to be on all iDevices in next iOs release by signing a petition. With your signature, we do not need to install 3rd party app just to have Khmer font and keyboard. If everything went well and I believe it will be, Khmer fonts and keyboard will be in Setting--General-->Keyboard/Language.

Wouldn't you feel happy that with your signature, you have help the Khmer Community to accomplish this astonishing event. Only you can make a different for our community.

https://www.change.org/petitions/mr...oard-into-next-ios-version-for-apple-products

Even if you can or cannot read, please support. I, myself, cannot read or write Khmer either but I like to support Khmer in iOS. I know Note 2, had Khmer font in it.

Thank you for your support.
https://www.facebook.com/4khmeriphone

Last edited:

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Goupon, I would love to sign up, except I don't know how to read or Khmer characters. But I will do for the rest of the people.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Goupon, I would love to sign up, except I don't know how to read or Khmer characters. But I will do for the rest of the people.

Thanks Mr.Red. Even if you can or cannot read, please support. I, myself, cannot read or write Khmer either but I like to support Khmer in iOS. I know Note 2, had Khmer font in it.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I will do the same

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Thanks, Theary.

As we all knew, compare to other Asian, Cambodian is not well known by other nationality. We are invisible. I would say they start to know "Khmer" when Killing Field released in US theater. But then, until now only maybe 20% knew us. Here at my current job or prior, no one heard of Khmer (only 5% and that's S&P 500 firm).

I believe if vendor start to add Khmer in their application, i bet those who scroll around will notice us. And if we said we're from Cambodia, I bet their reaction would say.. "Yea, I saw your country in this/that app, :) Kewl impression huh :)

Only if we can get a petition to get rid of the Vietnamese-puppet Hun Sen and instill Sleepy as the interim Prime Minister.

All joke aside, i hope u sign a petition too Happy :). We can't miss your signature.
Sure why not but I don't think you will have any problem getting the petition to pass. This is something I'm sure Khmer would do anyways. Seriously, why can't we have petition for the more important stuff? Like corruption? You start a petition for that, I'll sign it quickly, shit, I'll even pull the trigger. I will sign it bro. Help the G-man out.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
They did but I forgot to pass over. Anyway, petition for politic don't really work. Plus, US doesn't like Cambodia anyway we have no resource for them, period. Nothing is a free ride.

Even UN and ASEAS didn't even step in. They just do the ok attitude. Hun Sen power is very huge in Cambodia. He rule all those millionaire ppl.. Do you know that his family got allowance monthly from top riches people in Cambodia.

To have other help us, we got to introduce ourselves. You might think we known by other nationality but we're not. Only a tiny portion who know Khmer/Cambodia.

If we have Khmer languages in a mfg manual, i bet more people start to recognize us, as like Thai Viet, Chinese, etc.

Last edited:
They did but I forgot to pass over. Anyway, petition for politic don't really work. Plus, US doesn't like Cambodia anyway we have no resource for them, period. Nothing is a free ride.

Even UN and ASEAS didn't even step in. They just do the ok attitude. Hun Sen power is very huge in Cambodia. He rule all those millionaire ppl.. Do you know that his family got allowance monthly from top riches people in Cambodia.
I seen Hun Sen's house, bigger than Obama's White House lolz. You go on Facebook you can see his daughter posing pretending to be a good person by helping out the elderly while having someone take her picture lolz. Yup this is the world we live in folks.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Thanks for signing, folks. I like to type Khmer more than hand write. My Khmer penmanship is unreadable. BTW, does Mac notebook have built-in Khmer font like Windows? I plan to get a Mac soon.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Thanks for signing, folks. I like to type Khmer more than hand write. My Khmer penmanship is unreadable. BTW, does Mac notebook have built-in Khmer font like Windows? I plan to get a Mac soon.
Me too, my khmer hand writing and english are unreadable:(... so i prefer typing even my typing is slow..lol

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
When i hand write khmer, it's like a kid trying to write ABC for the first time. But then, i'm sux. So if this petition went through it will be beneficial to Khmer in States and Oversea. No more "box" font. Note 2 already had Khmer build in.

When i hand write khmer, it's like a kid trying to write ABC for the first time. But then, i'm sux. So if this petition went through it will be beneficial to Khmer in States and Oversea. No more "box" font. Note 2 already had Khmer build in.
kow kaw ko kon yo ...?

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I'm not a Khmer writer but just signed the petition for the good of all. :)