What Is The Easiest Khmer Food To Cook?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Does it really taste good, hunnie. I am sorry to say but it doesn't look that good. And if you said it is sour so does it make your noodle soup sour then?

Might not be your taste bong, it will make the soup sour but the Chinese types has the sweet and sour taste to their pickled green. They sell it at the Chinese restaurant too as one of their noodle soup dish. Khmer people like to make som law out of it with pork rib or whatever which does gives the soup a sour taste.

I liked this pickled greens with pretty much many things besides in desert. :)

Might not be your taste bong, it will make the soup sour but the Chinese types has the sweet and sour taste to their pickled green. They sell it at the Chinese restaurant too as one of their noodle soup dish. Khmer people like to make som law out of it with pork rib or whatever which does gives the soup a sour taste.
If you like pickles you'll love "jrout spey"

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer

I liked this pickled greens with pretty much many things besides in desert. :)
I am going to try that pickle green thing today. I let you know. New thing that I learn here. Thanks hunnie

Erdalee

Commoner
Mum does all the Khmer cooking at home, I make Western, Chinese and Thai foods. If you're looking for healthy and easy dish, I normally make Salmon Salad.

1 can of pink Salmon
lime juice
grated ginger
chopped coriander and mints
thinly sliced lemon grass
chilli
fish sauce
pinch of sugar
1/4 red onion

Just throw it together in a large bowl
I don't measure the ingredients, it really depends on

lovepink

Commoner
is beef flat fried noddles consider Khmer food?

I think this would be considered khmer food also kind of Chinese and thai. You are talking about fried beef with chow fun (flat rice noodles) correct?

DSC04665.jpg

lovepink

Commoner
Chopped up rice noodle rolls with sliced Vietnamese meat. You can just buy this from any Asian grocery store. You can add fish sauce, lettuce, bean sprouts, cucumbers, etc. This is an option if you do not want to do any actual cooking.

imagesRHUK0WGJ.jpg

Marvelous

Commoner
Sorry, I am so slow to understand things. So the beef fried flat noodles is not Khmer but the flat noodle (chow fun noodles) is?

This Chow Fun and it is not Khmer food. Khmer call this dish "Mee Ka'tang" meaning "Chinese noodle"
dsc04665-jpg.3122

This one is Khmer food. We use fish sauce as dressing.
imagesrhuk0wgj-jpg.3126