What Is Your Favorite Khmer Food?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Its a been awhile since I've had stuffed chicken wing. I remember my mom used to make it all the time. Never have any left overs at my house :)

Do you live near your mom?

Thanksgiving is a day where everyone just enjoy a nice day at home and eat, eat, eat, .......
Why don't you choose a day and make some stuff chicken wing, there's lots of recipe online.
Just pick the one close to your liking and change it a little to your satisfaction. :D

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Me too:sneaky:
I just learned to cook after i got married though.... even now i am still learning:p:sneaky:

I was cooking every weekend for my boyfriend in the beginning of our relationship, but then gradually stop as we starts to argue. We only eat out now. I cooks for him only on special occasion now. :D

But he don't mind me cooking or not. He's a very simple guy. He don't expect me to do much. :)

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Yes, I do agree. dirt out side and in side the clam as well ..... but clam is so gooddddddd , it is very hard for me to resist it(y):D
next time i'll buy clams in a can so i don't have to clean them. might not taste as good as the fresh ones.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Do you live near your mom?

Sad I will never get to have my mom's cooking again, she passed away the day after Christmas in 2009. As for the rest of my family, they all live towards the East coast.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Sad I will never get to have my mom's cooking again, she passed away the day after Christmas in 2009. As for the rest of my family, they all live towards the East coast.

Sorry you have to bring that up. It's sad to be away from your family.
At least you will have your lovely wife and gorgeous daughter to spend Thanksgiving Day together.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Its not a problem. At least I got to visit my family earlier this year, had a chance to eat a lot of khmer foods that I haven't had in awhile.

MonyK

Commoner
Haha, not really. It was a simple meal and it's something we both love....except she likes it much more hot than I do.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Haha, not really. It was a simple meal and it's something we both love....except she likes it much more hot than I do.

The romantic part is you remembering the little things you did with her. It makes a whole lot differences. Shows how much your relationship means to you. X3

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hunnie, what's Kroeung? Can you explain? How do you stuff those chicken wings? Thanks

Here is a video on the basic on how to make the stuff chicken wing. It would show you how to cut the wing since I can't show you in person how to do it. You can follow the same ingredient that they're using in this video or just do accordingly to your own liking. :cool:

I personally don't use all the ingredient they use. I do it the way my mom do it, since it already tastes good to me that way. You can use any ground meat that you like eating, pork, chicken, beef, etc. Go wild.. :)

I would only use the lime leave, turmeric powder, lemon grass, garlic, salt, sugar, and msg or you don't have to use msg. It's really up to your preference but my mom said it won't taste good without the msg. :D Glass noodle and a mushroom to your liking.

As far as marinating the chicken wing on the outside, I don't use the bbq sauce. I leave it plain. If you put enough seasoning inside the wings, I wouldn't care to put more taste on the outside because it takes away the favoring that you put on the inside, but then again, it's really up to your preferences. We all like differently. ;)

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Here is a video on the basic on how to make the stuff chicken wing. It would show you how to cut the wing since I can't show you in person how to do it. You can follow the same ingredient that they're using in this video or just do accordingly to your own liking. :cool:

I personally don't use all the ingredient they use. I do it the way my mom do it, since it already tastes good to me that way. You can use any ground meat that you like eating, pork, chicken, beef, etc. Go wild.. :)

I would only use the lime leave, turmeric powder, lemon grass, garlic, salt, sugar, and msg or you don't have to use msg. It's really up to your preference but my mom said it won't taste good without the msg. :D Glass noodle and a mushroom to your liking.

As far as marinating the chicken wing on the outside, I don't use the bbq sauce. I leave it plain. If you put enough seasoning inside the wings, I wouldn't care to put more taste on the outside because it takes away the favoring that you put on the inside, but then again, it's really up to your preferences. We all like differently. ;)

I prefer everything but probably not put mushroom though
It seems like the hardest part is removed the bones from it:(

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I just need to find good time and concentrate on it

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I prefer everything but probably not put mushroom though
It seems like the hardest part is removed the bones from it:(

The black fungus is good.
The bone is the time consuming section. It's no fun. :)
But once in a while is okay. I'm only doing it for Thanksgiving.
Once a year is okay. :D