What Is Your Favorite Khmer Food?

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
The black fungus is good.
The bone is the time consuming section. It's no fun. :)
But once in a while is okay. I'm only doing it for Thanksgiving.
Once a year is okay. :D
Thanks Hunnie for the video. I don't think I have that much patient to remove those bones. By the time I finish remove the bones out those wings, I would probably get some cuts on myself. I should marry to a khmer person versus American. At least that way I can get the taste of some my favorite dishes. I guess it is a little too late for me now to change my mind

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
I get to smoke a turkey for Thanksgiving. Have been doing it for the last 3 years. Everyone seems to like it a lot so now its kind of a tradition for me to do it :)

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
My dad and I prefer a smoked turkey over the traditional oven roasted turkey with stuffing. Too bad we can't smoke a fresh turkey so we buy it frozen. Wish we were neighbors, Rock.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
My dad and I prefer a smoked turkey over the traditional oven roasted turkey with stuffing. Too bad we can't smoke a fresh turkey so we buy it frozen. Wish we were neighbors, Rock.

Hey come on over Hamster! I usually smoke a 25-30 lbs turkey every year. My wife and my mother in law takes care of everything else.

bohok

Commoner
I love thuk kreung ("water sauce" or "water ingredient" I think is the word-for-word translation). Man...I'm craving it right now :-|

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Thanks Hunnie for the video. I don't think I have that much patient to remove those bones. By the time I finish remove the bones out those wings, I would probably get some cuts on myself. I should marry to a khmer person versus American. At least that way I can get the taste of some my favorite dishes. I guess it is a little too late for me now to change my mind

You're welcome, it looks hard, but I guarantee you that it's not as hard as it look. It's easy when you do it. (y)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
And I'll always love loklak :D

My dad makes really good beef lok lak. :)

573731683_b067bf454d.jpg

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
You're welcome, it looks hard, but I guarantee you that it's not as hard as it look. It's easy when you do it. (y)
So Hunnie did you get the chance to make stuff chicken wings in past few days? Or are you busy shopping?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
So Hunnie did you get the chance to make stuff chicken wings in past few days? Or are you busy shopping?

I made it. Some is still in the refrigerator. I make better stuffing than my mom does her. :D
Just didn't got the chance to take picture of everything I had for Thanksgiving feast because I didn't want to miss the great sales. The mall parking lot was pack with cars. We were lucky to find a good parking on the second level.

I still have one box of mash potatoes and a frozen ham in the freezer not cooked yet. I don't want to waste food and overcooked too much food. We still have the leftover turkey and stuff wing in the bottom refrigerator. :)

My sister put one of the honey ham in the oven last night after we got home from the mall on our second day of shopping. I went to the mall on thanksgiving day and black Friday sale. :D

I also went to the buffet on Thanksgiving Day. :whistling:
We got lots of soda and drinks for the rest of the month. :D

Hope your Thanksgiving was promising.
I'm trying to shop online for electronic deals.
Many goodies to get for my Christmas list.
I have to buy stuff for myself and other people's gifts. <3+<3

Head start on the presents. (y)

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I made it. Some is still in the refrigerator. I make better stuffing than my mom does her. :D
Just didn't got the chance to take picture of everything I had for Thanksgiving feast because I didn't want to miss the great sales. The mall parking lot was pack with cars. We were lucky to find a good parking on the second level.

I still have one box of mash potatoes and a frozen ham in the freezer not cooked yet. I don't want to waste food and overcooked too much food. We still have the leftover turkey and stuff wing in the bottom refrigerator. :)

My sister put one of the honey ham in the oven last night after we got home from the mall on our second day of shopping. I went to the mall on thanksgiving day and black Friday sale. :D

I also went to the buffet on Thanksgiving Day. :whistling:
We got lots of soda and drinks for the rest of the month. :D

Hope your Thanksgiving was promising.
I'm trying to shop online for electronic deals.
Many goodies to get for my Christmas list.
I have to buy stuff for myself and other people's gifts. <3+<3

Head start on the presents. (y)
Wow, look like you did a serious shopping. I used to shop a lot like you when I was single. But once I got children I am not enjoyed shopping as much. I don't know why I feel that way. Any way I cannot buy anything right now because my body is still swelling from a surgery. I have to wait at least 4 to 6 months to find out my true size

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Wow, look like you did a serious shopping. I used to shop a lot like you when I was single. But once I got children I am not enjoyed shopping as much. I don't know why I feel that way. Any way I cannot buy anything right now because my body is still swelling from a surgery. I have to wait at least 4 to 6 months to find out my true size
1170326f9p6i1etq7.gif

kalyann

Commoner
Its a been awhile since I've had stuffed chicken wing. I remember my mom used to make it all the time. Never have any left overs at my house :)
i love those stuff chicken wings, but don't know how to make it. im more specialize in greek food than khmer :( i shud have married a khmer dude, but wait i love him more than the food lolz

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP

Hope you feel much better soon.

SpringFlowersAnimated.gif

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
i love those stuff chicken wings, but don't know how to make it. im more specialize in greek food than khmer :( i shud have married a khmer dude, but wait i love him more than the food lolz

I love Greek food! I used to work at a Greek restaurant and the boss always made me drink homemade wine. He would always bring in 3-5 bottles a time.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I love Greek food! I used to work at a Greek restaurant and the boss always made me drink homemade wine. He would always bring in 3-5 bottles a time.
I might try Greek food too:)