What Life Hacks You'd Like To Share?

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
I'm sure some of you know some cool tips and tricks. What are some things do you know and wouldn't mind sharing for our community? Remember, it may be simple to you, but to others, it could be enlightenment. I'll start off.

Let's say you got a can or bottle of beer, soda, or any of your favorite drinks you've gotten from the store. You're in pissed off because they aren't cold and you want drink up ASAP. What should you do?

Well, of course, the first plan of action is to put your drink in the freezer...but wait! I'll tell you how to get it cold much faster. In order to make this happen, you need to take a paper towel, or cotton fabric, and soak it in water. Make sure you don't squeeze so much water out of the paper towel, as the water serves a purpose. Then, you wrap the soaked paper towel around the can. Now, with it wrapped around the can, place it int he freezer. Your drink will now get cold much faster than before!

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
How to take a yolk out of an egg.

After you crack the egg and place it in a bowl, you will see the yolk (yellow stuff) and the chalaza (clear white stuff). Now, you want the yolk only becaause of its nutritional value. How do you separate the yolk from the chalaza?

What you do is take an empty water bottle. Take the cap off. You're gonna squeeze the empty water bottle to lower air mass in the water bottle. Then, while you're squeezing the bottle, point the head of the water bottle towards the yolk. Touch it. Then, you release your hand/fingers from squeezing the water bottle. What this will do is suck in the yolk only into the bottle and leave the chalaza in the bowl.

(y)

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Let's say you got a can or bottle of beer, soda, or any of your favorite drinks you've gotten from the store. You're in pissed off because they aren't cold and you want drink up ASAP. What should you do?
I have to try your method. What I usually do is, pour the drink into a glass of ice.

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
try his method, and you will be amazed by this !!!!

I have to try your method. What I usually do is, pour the drink into a glass of ice.

HAHHA

I know I don't represent everyone here in the USA, but I'm pretty confident to say that when Americans drink beer, they don't pour beer in a glass of ice hahaha. I've also visited Canada, Mexico, and Guatemala, and until this day, I have yet to see anyone drink beer in a glass of ice.

Also, when poured in a glass of ice, I find that the carbonation in a warm Coke don't do well.....so the fizz ain't there when I drink the soda.

Then again, it is my fault for not being more specific on the drinks haha. But for real, you guys should try it out. I'm not a scientist, but don't you think the wet paper towel making the can/bottle cold faster makes logical sense? Yall should try it...and let me know!

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
Another tip I found out from a co-worker today is using cat litter to defrost your foggy car window.

It's raining here in the Los Angeles area and the topic about my foggy ass window came up. I told my coworker that the moment I jump into my car, I usually blast the AC on cold to defrost my front window. I'd do it for like 5-10 minutes and then switch it out to hot. This is my way.

My coworker told me that I could use cat litter to defrost, or to keep my windows defrosted. I was like, "WTF?" She was a nerd x10, so she went on serious-mode and gave me the science behind it, which sounded like blabbers haha. For us common people, and I'm gonna paraphrase it - cat litter has some stuff in it that makes things around it dry, including the fog on the windows. This what I got out of it haha.

So yea, she told me to put cat litter in some cotton pouch and put it on your vehicle's dashboard. Don't be stupid and spread cat litter everywhere haha

Marvelous

Commoner
I'm sure some of you know some cool tips and tricks. What are some things do you know and wouldn't mind sharing for our community? Remember, it may be simple to you, but to others, it could be enlightenment. I'll start off.

Well, of course, the first plan of action is to put your drink in the freezer...but wait! I'll tell you how to get it cold much faster. In order to make this happen, you need to take a paper towel, or cotton fabric, and soak it in water. Make sure you don't squeeze so much water out of the paper towel, as the water serves a purpose. Then, you wrap the soaked paper towel around the can. Now, with it wrapped around the can, place it int he freezer. Your drink will now get cold much faster than before!
Why don't you just add ice? it will be cold much faster.