What Type Of Chinese Series Do You Like Most?

What type of chinese series do you like most?

• Horror

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Romance

Votes: 2 20.0%
  • Comedy

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mystery

Votes: 5 50.0%
  • Fantasy

Votes: 1 10.0%
  • Action-Adventure

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
It would be nice if you can cast your vote and maybe list a series or as many as you liked that fall in that category. :D This guide can also help others on choosing what series might be interesting to watch next if they never watch it before. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and input. (y)

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Its hard just to pick one type of genre. I like them all, but it has to be able to grab my attention and have a good story to it. There are rarely any Chinese series that I can't finish.

I like the one that focuses on martial arts sword skills :D. State of Divinity is a good example. The main story revolves basically around finding and mastering the "72 Stance Demon" (if that's correct lol) swordplay manual from the Li family. Of course, all great series have everything else in it to balance things out and make it more appealing and three dimensional. I am really partial to the classical wuxia style of film-making:

Missing and highly regarded Kung Fu manual
Young handsome hero that go through severe hardship
Damsel in distress that cant help but fall in love with the young hero
Diabolical villain that no one can beat except the young hero
Falling off a cliff only to survive and become unbeatable after 20 years
The beginning story always starts 20 years ago or 18 or 16.....
Deadly poison and hard to find antidote, but always manages to find
Good and bad sects fighting for world dominance ....

I'm sure there's more to add :D

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I like comedy most, be it period drama or modern. But what's a story without a love story? Be it romance or bromance. The Young Wanderer, a personal favorite, has comedy, adventure, action and mystery.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
This thread is very useful for me when I'm shopping for more series to post.
Looks like Mystery and Action/Adventure is the winner right now. :D

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I was just wondering, do you guys have preferences when it comes to the year of the series. I know that Chris doesn't like watching series around the 80's because it's too old and he don't like the dubbing. It would be nice to hear everyone's input. I tried not to get any series too old because of that reason. But I like to hear the majority vote on that though.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I was just wondering, do you guys have preferences when it comes to the year of the series. I know that Chris doesn't like watching series around the 80's because it's too old and he don't like the dubbing. It would be nice to hear everyone's input. I tried not to get any series too old because of that reason. But I like to hear the majority vote on that though.
Hi Hunnie thanks this thread. I really like long story series like magic needle that theary just post. A lot of sword fighting, and of course a good dubbing voice is very important. I just feel it doesn't matter how good the serie would be if the voice dubbing is awful, like Sunday production. Every time there is a serie that dubbed by them. It ruins the whole story. Versus sppci, black eagle, or cme voice production, those even the series is not much interesting. It the voice dubbing make the serie so interesting, from not so good to very good. Again thanks to you and everyone else for all the series that you guys have been posted. I am very appreciated for all you guys hard works. Thank you

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Some of the voices from the 80s were the best. They made you think that the series were originally in Khmer. It was that good. The 90s have good voices too. The guy who dubbed Lok Fung in The Revelation of the Last Hero has a sexy voice. I always wished that my voice was like his. Heh. Can't really comment voices for series made in 2000 and beyond.

The best male dubber is the guy who dubbed Jang Wugee in HSDS 86 version. He sounded so badass when he dubbed Huang Yi Seu in LOCH 82. Next is the Lok Fung dubber. Third is the guy who dubbed Kong Tin in All About Tin. Fourth is the guy who dubbed the King in The Last Conquest. I also like the voice for the main guy in Thai soaps.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
As for female dubbers, Heang Molina's voice is the best. However sometimes her voice acting is not convincing, especially for the newer series.

Althea

Commoner
Its hard just to pick one type of genre. I like them all, but it has to be able to grab my attention and have a good story to it. There are rarely any Chinese series that I can't finish.
I also find that a lot of the really good dramas are a mixture of genres...mystery with a hint of romance, fantasy with a hint of horror, action-adventure with a hint of comedy...and so on...

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I liked Chinese Ancient drama the most. :D
Romance
<3+<3<3+<3 I loved pink and Louis Koo. <3+<3<3+<3

2w7o7dc.png

Bluebird

Me too, especially TVB series.
But if the dubbed voices were horrible then it the turn off regardless...........
:eek: