Places To Eat In Long Beach, Ca

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hamster ask me on places to eat where I'm at.
For a 20 minutes drive, I mostly go dine in Long Beach to support my Khmer people.
Everything in this thread is my own personal opinion, you may think otherwise, but every comment and opinion is welcomed. There is never a right or wrong answer, we all think differently. (y)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
It amazed me that Andrew Zimmern also went to Long Beach to eat here.
http://www.travelchannel.com/video/long-beachs-cambodian-cuisine

Sophy's Thai & Cambodian Cuisine Restaurant
sophysrest-1024x399.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Sophys-Restaurant/101204446588199

3240 E Pacific Coast Hwy
Long Beach, CA 90804
(562) 494-1763

Stuff I tried that is good:
Plea bongkea
Beef Skewer
Treiy Ang
Ka Pao
Somlaw Machu Kteih
Seafood Fried Rice
Bok Swai
Spring roll
All the curry dishes are good

My taste might be different from yours, so please keep that in mind. I will be adding more restaurant on a regular for anyone interested. Hope this helps those who live or plan to visit Long Beach in the future.

sophy-s-thai-cambodian.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I just love Phnom Penh soup noodles. They are so good. I cannot have it where I live, but every 2 years when I visit my family that's where I get a chance to eat it. Hunnie, you make me so hungry by posting those yummies pictures.

Sorry for making you hungry. I like to look at food picture because they makes me happy, I love to eat. I do hate it when it makes me hungry too, I have to go find food afterward. :D

I want to give myself a reason to keep going to Long Beach, because it's where I grew up in. Love the place, supporting the Khmer community makes me a part of it. I think Hamster is going to visit Long Beach so I'm hoping to be much help to him. (y)

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hi Hunnie, I saw you posted in forum you went to ikea today for shopping. It is funny because I just ordered some stuffs online from ikea too about the same time you went. I love to shop at ikea.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Thanks Hunnie. I've been to Sophy's once a long time ago. I think I ordered Phnom Penh Noodle and thought it was too sweet. I haven't write them off so will pay a visit when I'm in the area again. BTW, what's Ka Pao?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Hi Hunnie, I saw you posted in forum you went to ikea today for shopping. It is funny because I just ordered some stuffs online from ikea too about the same time you went. I love to shop at ikea.

Hi Mrredblueberry. I don't know how you like to be call by on this forum so I'll just refer to your username for now. :D I love Ikea because they have the littlest thing that you can put together to make a house look amazing for an affordable price. I don't need no ancient furniture that will cost me a leg and an arm. :) We have to put our hard working money to good use and spend like no tomorrow for the people we love. <3+<3

Glad to know that we have the same taste in style. (y)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Thanks Hunnie. I've been to Sophy's once a long time ago. I think I ordered Phnom Penh Noodle and thought it was too sweet. I haven't write them off so will pay a visit when I'm in the area again. BTW, what's Ka Pao?

Hi Hamster, thanks for keeping tab on me. :D I really don't want to put the food that I didn't care for in a list because I don't want to make the place look bad or anything. But in my opinion, I didn't care for any of their soup noodles. Maybe you can try the list that I liked and it might not disappoint you. Please don't blame me if you don't like it. :D

Ka Pao is a seafood stir fry dish. It's a mixture of seafood meat with veggies. I always order it with my sister, I like the sauce they use in it and I'm a seafood person. :) If you're not into seafood meat, it might not be your kind of dish.

I don't go to Sohpy's for Phnom Penh noodle soup, there's this two place that I eat it there, maybe you can give it a try there if that's what you're craving for.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Monorom Cambodian Restaurant

IMG_15224415224671.jpg

http://monoromcambodianrestaurant.com/?cat=12

2150 E Anaheim St
Long Beach, CA 90804
(562) 434-1919

I just started trying out this new place. I like their soup noodle, their broth is good and the noodle quality is top notch comparing to other places I eat at for noodle soup. I'm assuming all their noodle soup shouldn't be a disappointment. I haven't try their boat noodle yet though, I go to eat boat noodle at another spot. Hope it won't be an off day for you.

Stuff I tried and liked:
Kuyteav Phnom Penh (Phnom Penh Noodle Soup)
Kuyteav Kroeung Knong (Kroeung Knong Noodle)

I like the taste of the soup they use in the Kroeung Knong Noodle a little bit more than the Phnom Phenh noodle though. But that's just my preference, the Phnom Penh broth is very good, don't get me wrong.

I do think that the meat they use in the Kroeung Knong noodle is more worth the money. This bowl is delicious.

I did try other dishes but this place is more of a noodle place for me. I pretty much is full from the noodle already to eat anymore. You have a choice to get those noodle in soup or dry, do not get dry, it's not good. :D

122.png

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Monorom

Beef noodle soup

IMG_1732.JPG

The meat they put in Kroeung Knong Noodle
Those meats are well marinated.

IMG_1742.JPG

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
thx so much for sharing all these great thing, Hunnie:)

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Phnom Penh Noodle Restaurant

1094745_522654361137957_112535325_o.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/PhnomPenhNoodle

1644 Cherry Ave
Long Beach, CA 90813
(562) 433-0032

Been eating here several times already. They are famous for their House special baw baw with pig blood. A great place for a baw baw fix. I usually eat their Seafood dry noodle, it comes with a small bowl of soup on the side. Their Phnom Penh noodle broth is good too but I would say that the meat in it is so-so. Monorom meat in their noodle soup won this place, sorry. They have fresh breads delivered to their spot daily. Their stir fry noodle dish is so-so to me. I never ordered it, just taste it from my people when they ordered it, not my preference. Check out their Facebook page to support them and other events going on in or around Long Beach. (y)

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Yep, Phnom Penh Noodle definitely has good breads (you're talking about jaqwai, right?).
I will hit up Monorom when I get the chance. By the way, have you ever dined at Siem Reap?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Yep, Phnom Penh Noodle definitely has good breads (you're talking about jaqwai, right?).
I will hit up Monorom when I get the chance. By the way, have you ever dined at Siem Reap?

I ate at Siem Reap many times when I was living in Long Beach. Dine there less as I moved up here. Not so fond of the place as much since they increase the prices on all the dishes. The food is still good, the last time I remember it. Siem Reap is more of a place where I would eat rice with many side dishes. The place is good for dinner packages to eat with friends and family.

Their beef jerky dish is good. I love their French salad. Many of their dish is good, really depend on what is your preference.

Last edited: