Thanksgiving Day

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Theary, you are crazy. That's all I have to say. I'd be sweatin' and cryin' at that level.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Theary, you are crazy. That's all I have to say. I'd be sweatin' and cryin' at that level.
that is right, Hamster dear:sneaky:lol
But when i eat that kind of stuff i have to hide from my parents..... because they will get make with me though...hehehe

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Why would they get mad at you? Are they afraid it might damage your health?
yes, you are 100% correct.
my mom she used to eat alot of spicy food when she was young... now she is having an issue with her stomach though:(.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
hi Hamster dear,
May i ask , Are you going to your parent`s house for Thanksgiving?

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
hi Hamster dear,
May i ask , Are you going to your parent`s house for Thanksgiving?
Yes, bong. That's where all the food will be. :D

I read conflicting information about spicy food and stomach issue. Some say spicy food doesn't affect the stomach and some say that it does. I don't know who's right and who's wrong. I guess it's best to play it safe and eat spicy in moderation.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Yes, bong. That's where all the food will be. :D

I read conflicting information about spicy food and stomach issue. Some say spicy food doesn't affect the stomach and some say that it does. I don't know who's right and who's wrong. I guess it's best to play it safe and eat spicy in moderation.

From what I learn from doctor, no matter how good anything is, it's always best to eat everything at a moderation. Too much of anything will be bad for your health. :)

The Americans is always trying to promote healthy balance eating. Were suppose to eat a little bit of the every food group to stay in good top shape. :D

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
From what I learn from doctor, no matter how good anything is, it's always best to eat everything at a moderation. Too much of anything will be bad for your health
sometime very hard to hold back , because some foods are so tempted..heheheheh..lol:D

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
sometime very hard to hold back , because some foods are so tempted..heheheheh..lol:D

I would replace it with another tempted food option. If it's a sweet treats, I just drink my favorite drinks to get my mind off the sweets. But I'm lucky because too much sweets gives me a headache, so I never have issue with eating too much.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Ok I read all you guys talking how you eat pepper, it is totally insane to me. I cannot eat just the tip of pepper I will be on fire. I just cannot believe that all you guys can eat 4 to 6 peppers. That's amazing. I would imagine my mouth would be numbed if I eat that much. My thanksgiving will be so boring to death as every year I have to deal with my crazy America out-laws family. I have to go to their house and try to put a smiley fake face. It is pretty annoying.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
My thanksgiving will be so boring to death as every year I have to deal with my crazy America out-laws family. I have to go to their house and try to put a smiley fake face. It is pretty annoying.
What is America out-laws family? I would be annoyed too if I have to act fake. But why not go there and enjoy the food? Me, I'm always happy in the presence of good food. Can't you just eat and leave? Or do they expect you to linger and talk?

bamboo

Commoner
I'm having Thanksgiving for the first time at my parents house. Thanksgiving is really big in my family since my husband is American. We usually have it at his grandmother's house but she passed away earlier this year. It will be hard for him so I want to make sure he has a great one this year. My sister and I will do all of the cooking so we are really excited. We came up with a long list of food.
Turkey
Ham
Dressing
Collard Greens
Mac & Cheese
Sweet Potato Souffle
Green Beans
Potato Salad
Crab Macaroni Salad
Corn Casserole
Brocoli Casserole
Deviled Eggs
Mashed Potato
Apple Pie
Pound Cake
Pumpkin Pie

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I'm having Thanksgiving for the first time at my parents house. Thanksgiving is really big in my family since my husband is American. We usually have it at his grandmother's house but she passed away earlier this year. It will be hard for him so I want to make sure he has a great one this year. My sister and I will do all of the cooking so we are really excited. We came up with a long list of food.
Turkey
Ham
Dressing
Collard Greens
Mac & Cheese
Sweet Potato Souffle
Green Beans
Potato Salad
Crab Macaroni Salad
Corn Casserole
Brocoli Casserole
Deviled Eggs
Mashed Potato
Apple Pie
Pound Cake
Pumpkin Pie
Hi Bamboo dear,

are you and your sister going to cook all on the list...... tooooooooooo manyyyyyyyy :D
So sorry to hear about your grandmother `s husband....

bamboo

Commoner
Yes, we will be cooking all of this. I'm used to cooking like this since most of the time our Sunday dinners are like this.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
a lot of pepper is good but damn wait until you need to go a number 2 lol... I think year my sister will cook the turkey and i'll cook something else. Then we bring it to her house with the family.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
a lot of pepper is good but damn wait until you need to go a number 2 lol...
i do agree with you (y):D
I just keep forgetting about it..lol

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Yes, we will be cooking all of this. I'm used to cooking like this since most of the time our Sunday dinners are like this.
you are very good, Bamboo dear.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Turkey
Ham
Dressing
Collard Greens
Mac & Cheese
Sweet Potato Souffle
Green Beans
Potato Salad
Crab Macaroni Salad
Corn Casserole
Brocoli Casserole
Deviled Eggs
Mashed Potato
Apple Pie
Pound Cake
Pumpkin Pie

Your husband has found himself a very thoughtful wife indeed. :D

Sreymup

ひきこもり
Swordsman
Wanderer
I like Thanksgiving. It's a time when people get together and enjoy a wonderful meal together. Of course I see my family a lot but I guess it's a different feeling when it's on a holiday(there is a lot more people)?

I wish everyone in my family could spend this holiday together but it seems like this year, some won't be able to join us. But it's alright. :)

By the way, I love gravy but I don't like squash and pecan pie :eek: