Unlock Edit For Uploaders

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
Hey everyone,

Here is the topic that required all uploader to diacussion on ability to edit one another video.

Recently i had notice that movies, series, and even shows are being expired due to removed by the site that we had uploaded to, i had been meaning to re-uploading the link, but still give credit to the uploader that had put up the series in the first place.

I had spoke with our Admin about this topic, i was advised to ask everyone to see what they would think about this idea because it is a powerful tool for uploader if we the 'uploaders' able to edit one another link. The Admin would removed the whole topic but i disagree with that because it is only the link that needed to be re-upload, so here i am asking what do everyone "uploaders" would think, also what would the members think about this.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I was a mod once (before I got reported and banned under sleepyhead) on the first year of Khmer Access with those privileges to edit/delete other uploaders folders. I've never used it but it is powerful. I'm on the borderline with this one as I can see some good and bad side to it. Would like to hear what others think about it too. :)

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
I was a mod too in Khmer Access, tho i was never in trouble for anything beside being a goofball. Sleepyhead and i got along very well, i never actually edit anyone else either because i didnt want to bother others people work but this is a different story, lately i have not seen much of the uploader members or they're doing the other side and we're the only two doing this side but still it would be nice to get their thoughts on this.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
thinking :confused: who the hell is Chris from KAccess??? lol..

What do you mean edit one another video?

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
Lol goupon, you're the only person who still dont know who i am. Rei had already figure who i am from the start lol, no i did not tell him. I used to have a gf on khmeraccess too lol.

The topic is basically about edit the khmer ave link. For example: i could edit your video upload, like if one of your link is down, i can re-upload and place a new one for you without tempering with other stuff unless there need changes, that can be done to mine too by other uploaders.

P.s - do we have Mod in forum? Or us uploaders are the mod??

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
I hardly chat in Kaccess and not sure if i have chat with lol. Anyway, I have no idea what i have in this forum.

So how are u gonna restore the link if for example uploaded site remove the link due to copyright?

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
I thought if uploaded site remove, your vdo will be deleted out from their server. Unless, u download every movies and save in your hdd then re-upload

chenna

Level 2
Legendary
VIP
chris, its nice that u have offer this suggestion. for me its not gunna work well. i have thousand of videos. a small portion of it is dead links. im just gunna work on my free time to reupload those that r broken nd only doing ppl request. it seems to b working fine for me. reason why i disagree is bcuz if u screw up and accidently trash my stuff, then my hard work is gone lol. its too complicated nd confusing.. if u want, u can add ur own links under our tag for that series that r broken.....besides, there r too many broken links within all the uploaders to b fixed in a short time span. too much aggreviation lolz...this is too much of an authority for ppl to play around with..problems will occur in future

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
Ask Rei, it seem hes the only one that knows who i am without me telling and read the post i first made.

Ash

Admin
Admin
The idea was rejected by the admins, including myself. However, I did ask Chris to post this topic for inputs. The request was for the ability to edit other uploaders' posts (albums & videos). This ability is only currently available to the moderators & administrators.

Editor Abilities
1. Ability to completely edit & modify other uploaders videos/albums.
2. Ability to delete other uploaders videos/albums.
3. Ability to mass edit/modify/delete other uploaders videos/albums in bulk (unfortunately this is part of the package).

*This switch is global so turning it on will grant all the uploaders (old and new) these abilities. Currently we have about 30 registered uploaders and 8 whom are active.

The Benefits
1. An uploader can edit the other uploaders post and fix a dead link by replacing with his/her new video link.
2. An uploader can delete a dead video/album to clean up the site.

*Currently dead links get removed upon requests and the contents get added back by another uploader.

The Disadvantages & Risks
1. Privacy Issue - Unfortunate for those that do not want others to edit and modify their contents.

2. Accidents - Other uploaders can mistakenly delete your contents, which may or may not be recoverable.

3. Mass modification and deletion - Uploaders can delete 500+ videos in just one click! The entire website can easily be wiped if one of the uploaders go suicidal. This is a great advantage for our competitors to bring us down. Not a surprise, but one of our occasional uploaders is from our competing sites.

Unfortunately we believe the benefits are massively outweighed by the disadvantages.

Last edited:

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
Well whatever, its been rejected so im not going to say much about it. I will do my best as an uploader to help out.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Chris overall idea is good. I can see the negatives but there gotta be a way to at least add "backup/recovered" links to the dead album without having to edit someone else videos?

@Groupon lol.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
second thought, i'm starting to get an impression that Chenna is the one :nailbiting:.

Only way is put all your upload for downloadable in Mega and i' ll download it all. I have abt 3 or 4 hdd that still not use yet since my 3tb not full yet.

But then i won't download any watermark that are extremely huge as example k-borss's watermark.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Not a surprise, but one of our occasional uploaders is from our competing sites.

Thank you so much for the info....
awch we have a spy...:ninja:.:sneaky::nailbiting: among us:cigar:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP