Vacation Photos

believe

Commoner
Wanderer
I went back to Hawaii again at the end of 2013 but this time to the island of Oahu. I didn't bring a camera with me this time so most of the photos were taken with my Samsung galaxy s4.

On our first day there we just sort of drive around and found this place.
This photo is of a Japanese temple which is a replica of the real one from Kyoto. Everything is a replica down to the bridge and the landscaping.
20131214_121843.jpg

I woke up early the next day just to see the sun rise.
20131215_070512.jpg

I just love the dragon fruit smoothie from this place. This shit is on point!
20131215_131139.jpg

On the 3rd day we hiked Maunawili trail. President Obama went and hike there about 3 days after we went.
20131216_113357.jpg

And of course I took a dip in the waterfall pool again but this time I lost my glasses so I went down the mountain blinded.
20131216_115523.jpg

On the 4th day, we went hiking up Koko head. It's a good 1100ft up and the path gets steeper. I went up and and down twice but my legs were sore for 3 days afterwards. I really love the view up there.
20131217_101618.jpg
20131217_105434.jpg
20131217_105818.jpg

On the 5th and 6th day, we just chill at the beach to rest our legs. The reefs at Hanauma Bay are really beautiful.
20131219_153202.jpg

20131219_164102.jpg

All we did in the last day was eat and eat and eat. I think everybody gained a few pounds coming back home even though we walked over 60 miles total for the week we were there. Coincidentally we also met a friend on the last night while having some beer at Japanese BBQ called Gyukaku. He was there for his honey moon.
20131220_155106.jpg
20131220_184648.jpg
20131221_130210.jpg
20131220_213928_1.jpg
20131220_215905.jpg

very nice pictures!

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
It's been a while but here's some more photos. We went hiking on Snow Lake trail this time. It was avalanche season so we couldn't get all the way to the top.
DSC000033.jpg
DSC000123.jpg
DSC000292.jpg

DSC000296.jpg

After the hike, we went to a Korean restaurant for some nourishment.
DSC00033.jpg

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
I visited Master Bruce Lee and Brandon Lee's grave the next day. It was such a bright day that I forgot to adjust the exposure so the picture came out over exposed.
001.jpg

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
The next day was our last day in Seattle so all we did was walk around downtown and sight see. Took this shot with my cousin's Canon T3i with a 250mm lens. While in the car from half a mile away.
0542.jpg

Had a walk in a park and I found a 4 leaf clover!
069.jpg

We end the day with dinner at Mongolian hot pot. As you guys can tell but I love to eat. This place was pretty good and the price was a lot cheaper than what I'm used to. If I lived in the area, this restaurant would go bankrupt.
087.jpg

Last edited:

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Wow that look nice,pk. How often do you travel during the year? I like to travel too. I used to travel a lot until I have my kids I cut it down to 2 times a year. But I am no that adventure like you. I am more into exploring in a the city and shopping no nature. But most of the time I just go to part of Europe. Have you been in London yet?

I still can't believe you went to Seattle and visited the Grand Master himself. You know, I live 5 minutes from there. How you like the area?

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
Wow that look nice,pk. How often do you travel during the year? I like to travel too. I used to travel a lot until I have my kids I cut it down to 2 times a year. But I am no that adventure like you. I am more into exploring in a the city and shopping no nature. But most of the time I just go to part of Europe. Have you been in London yet?

I have not gone to Europe yet. I'm hoping to visit most of the Asian countries first.

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
I still can't believe you went to Seattle and visited the Grand Master himself. You know, I live 5 minutes from there. How you like the area?

It was nice and quiet actually. Seattle's much more rural than Chicago.

For the pics, what camera? Wow.

I was using a combination of the Canon T3i and Sony rx100 m2. The rx100 m2 takes better pictures in low light conditions but the t3i is a dslr so it can take better shots at longer range and a faster shutter.

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
Thanks for sharing your life's experience with us Pocket. :)

You're welcome!

I travel international once or twice a year and maybe 2 or 3 times at different states. I like to explore nature. I believe people are the most interesting thing in the world and nature is the most beautiful art. I have not gone to Europe yet. I'm trying to finish my list of Asian countries first then I'll head to Europe. My sister went to England, Netherlands, France and Germany 2 months ago. She love the food in France.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
You're welcome!

I travel international once or twice a year and maybe 2 or 3 times at different states. I like to explore nature. I believe people are the most interesting thing in the world and nature is the most beautiful art. I have not gone to Europe yet. I'm trying to finish my list of Asian countries first then I'll head to Europe. My sister went to England, Netherlands, France and Germany 2 months ago. She love the food in France.
I need to start travel in the states because every time I travel I am always go out the country. People told me that there are a lot of things I need to see in the states. Will see I may go to New York, San francisco for a long weekend just to see if I like or not. I went to Florida last summer and it was alright. We went to Disney world with the kids.
Yes I love France, the foods are so good. I am planning to go back again this summer. I don't like much England. Their foods sucks and everything are so expensive because of their currency. I went to Switzerland, one time it was beautiful. Spain is good too and so Italy. I don't know, man I never have desire to go part of Asia. I got a couple Invitations to Thailand and Cambodia but I turned it down. But I heard that Japan is beautiful and nice. My cousin just got back 2 weeks ago. Funny my cousin went to Japan and he brought back kitkac, the chocolate from Japan with green tea flavor that over here we couldn't even find that kind of thing. I am planning to go Canada too this summer.

So what is your next destination for this summer, pk

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
I need to start travel in the states because every time I travel I am always go out the country. People told me that there are a lot of things I need to see in the states. Will see I may go to New York, San francisco for a long weekend just to see if I like or not. I went to Florida last summer and it was alright. We went to Disney world with the kids.
Yes I love France, the foods are so good. I am planning to go back again this summer. I don't like much England. Their foods sucks and everything are so expensive because of their currency. I went to Switzerland, one time it was beautiful. Spain is good too and so Italy. I don't know, man I never have desire to go part of Asia. I got a couple Invitations to Thailand and Cambodia but I turned it down. But I heard that Japan is beautiful and nice. My cousin just got back 2 weeks ago. Funny my cousin went to Japan and he brought back kitkac, the chocolate from Japan with green tea flavor that over here we couldn't even find that kind of thing. I am planning to go Canada too this summer.

So what is your next destination for this summer, pk

I am going to be in Cambodia for 3 weeks starting mid of December. I'll be in Japan for a week starting mid of May. In the summer, I'm taking my nephews for a 2 day trip to wisconsin dells. A day of water park and a day of go karts. I'm also thinking if going to Athabasca in Canada to hike and maybe Myrtle Beach for a friend's birthday.

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I am going to be in Cambodia for 3 weeks starting mid of December. I'll be in Japan for a week starting mid of May. In the summer, I'm taking my nephews for a 2 day trip to wisconsin dells. A day of water park and a day of go karts. I'm also thinking if going to Athabasca in Canada to hike and maybe Myrtle Beach for a friend's birthday.
That's sound exciting, pk. Have you been to Cambodia before? Hope your have fun over there. Don't forget to take pictures in Japan and post for us. I am planning to go to Vancouver. Will see how it turns out. Well enjoy your trips and have fun

pocketkiriyama

Commoner
That's sound exciting, pk. Have you been to Cambodia before? Hope your have fun over there. Don't forget to take pictures in Japan and post for us. I am planning to go to Vancouver. Will see how it turns out. Well enjoy your trips and have fun

This will be my first time to Cambodia. I'll post my recent Vancouver trip tonight.