Valentine's Day

Should Valentine's Day become a holiday for everyone?

• Yes

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • No

Votes: 2 25.0%
  • We should ban Valentine's Day, it's meaningless.

Votes: 1 12.5%

• Total voters

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
When I meet new arrivals from the motherland, I cringed. You can't believe the level of ignorance I have to deal with, HAHA just kidding.

I'm okay with people at all education level, just don't like stuck up people that think I'm not worthy of their shoe. :)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Many of them lack education, we can't blame them for not having anything else to look forward to.
I do not think that they lack of Education, but instead our culture and tradition is starting to fade away:(

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I do not think that they lack of Education, but instead our culture and tradition is starting to fade away:(

My boyfriend went back to visit Vietnam during the summer of 2012 and he said that many Khmer were working labor for the Viet people. I assume with better education they won't be working a job for little pay. A lot of the Khmer that lives in the mountain or higher side far from the city couldn't get any education because of their living lifestyle. Many of them just worries about making enough to eat by farming or catching fish. Lots of them states that the little kids needs to stay home to help with making money so they can't afford to go to school.

My mom told me that in the past, Khmer lady are grown up to be marry off to a guy with a stable life and that's all the Khmer's girl role of living. They are to serve and help watch the kids while the man works for the family. I think there was also arranged marriage in the past. I believe some tradition shouldn't be continue either if that was one of them. Many of them don't and can't make enough money to help with the culture, go temple, help donate, sing and dance during the Khmer holiday because working for little pay to stay alive is more important. They just don't have the money to be a part of it. One day of no work will mean more to them compare to those who can take the day off. My parents still haven't visit Cambodia because they are still seeing many Khmer struggling to makes day's end while other's live too good. It's still depressing.

I know I'm just ranting stuff off, I will borrow my dad's Cambodia traveling video to upload for everyone to see the situation of Cambodia where many Khmer still can't afford to attend school.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
As a heads up, I will warned you all, the video is very depressing and sad.
I was in tears, didn't let my dad see though, it's embarrassing.
I do not like watching those videos.
You will see and hear horrible story.

I told my dad to watch something else. :(

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Maybe the media in the country should do a segment on issues like these and broadcast it to the people there. That way even people who can't afford school can be informed. But then there's the matter of technology--how to broadcast videos in the rural areas where electricity is nonexistent.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Maybe the media in the country should do a segment on issues like these and broadcast it to the people there. That way even people who can't afford school can be informed. But then there's the matter of technology--how to broadcast videos in the rural areas where electricity is nonexistent.

The people in the United States are aware of their situation, that's why many kind-hearted people here helps send donation to help them. My aunt also helps with collecting donation to help people in Cambodia. But even though, it's just a matter of now. We can't help them forever, they have to find that stepping stone to keep themselves going.

I believe there are free education offered, but many of the kids can afford to go. They need to be home to help with making money because their family are very poor and survival comes first.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
My boyfriend went back to visit Vietnam during the summer of 2012 and he said that many Khmer were working labor for the Viet people. I assume with better education they won't be working a job for little pay. A lot of the Khmer that lives in the mountain or higher side far from the city couldn't get any education because of their living lifestyle. Many of them just worries about making enough to eat by farming or catching fish. Lots of them states that the little kids needs to stay home to help with making money so they can't afford to go to school.

My mom told me that in the past, Khmer lady are grown up to be marry off to a guy with a stable life and that's all the Khmer's girl role of living. They are to serve and help watch the kids while the man works for the family. I think there was also arranged marriage in the past. I believe some tradition shouldn't be continue either if that was one of them. Many of them don't and can't make enough money to help with the culture, go temple, help donate, sing and dance during the Khmer holiday because working for little pay to stay alive is more important. They just don't have the money to be a part of it. One day of no work will mean more to them compare to those who can take the day off. My parents still haven't visit Cambodia because they are still seeing many Khmer struggling to makes day's end while other's live too good. It's still depressing.

I know I'm just ranting stuff off, I will borrow my dad's Cambodia traveling video to upload for everyone to see the situation of Cambodia where many Khmer still can't afford to attend school.
thank you so much for sharing this info, Hunnie.

regarding on young people expect sex on Valentine's Day , most of this happen in Phnom Penh, that is why I do not think that they lack of Education.

I am so glad I cut myself off from this kinda world - I really did. My family sucks big time and they belong in this group.
I come from khmer trash, aint afraid to say it, cause I know I don t have to be like them.

I dont think any of you guys can empathize with me cause it seems like yall got decent families. But let's not forget those that don't. I try to remind you guys that.

My mother is pretty much a whore. She had like 4 kids with different baby daddies. My uncles were abusive. They were are detrimental to everyone around them, especially themselves and their children.

Most Khmers I knew in WA state are living a lie that's why I don't ever associate with Khmers here. Another problem, if some khmer guy did manage to go to college, they start acting like they are the freaking president of the united states lol.

I figured at a young age that these people's problem is that they lack education and severely need some.

But if you meet them in person, you would think that they are angels from God.

You have absolutely no idea what these people put me through :D Will I ever receive justice?

Last edited:

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I am so glad I cut myself off from this kinda world - I really did. My family sucks big time and they belong in this group.
I come from khmer trash, aint afraid to say it, cause I know I don t have to be like them.
so sorry to hear it , Paoun Happy
and people should not be judged by anyone`s background....