What Are Your Suggestions

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
Hi guys, I post this thread because I thought it will be a a good idea for people to give out suggestions what kind we do as a khmer community to keep this website alive. I am not a computer geek guy, but I was thinking that now a day there are not much khmer website like this anymore , I guess most of them were gone, and I know a lot of us here want to keep this webstie alive and it is also the best way for our khmer people just like me and you all to communicate. So what are your suggestions to help this website alive and grow bigger, (like facebook) it is free to people but what can we do as a group or individual to make the website grow. I know it is very time consuming for uploaders, can we donate a few bucks here and there to help out. This is probably for Admin and all the VIP and Gold Members, is there any suggestion that you guy want us to try to help out advertise the website. I know the website is been watch all over the world. Every time I go to Europe I told everybody over there to get into the website, and every single one of them love it.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Good thread. Talk for my myself as an uploader, I don't ask much as long viewers participate with the bonus point. I think it's exciting to the number grow bigger. Lol. I guess it's part of saying thank you without posting thanks.

To answer your question, I guess is a word of mouth just like what u have did. I, myself, also told friends and strangers about this site too but never did told them I'm a VIP hehehe.

I go on youtube to look for khmer songs and find that these songs have hundreds of thousands of views. I hope one day KhmerAve will grow to that size. Right now, a good series will garner about 3000-10000 views on KA. I'm thinking maybe going to those YT music videos to post a comment and link to khmerave. People do that all the time on youtube. You think it will work? I can spend a weekend doing it, maybe I can do it to 1000 khmer videos and see what happens? I'm sure if everybody pitch, we can reach out to the online khmer community. I am sure they exist by the hundreds of thousands and more, worldwide.

This video alone received over 500,000 views!

Last edited:
this will be my comment "I am trying to make our khmer online community grow. Please come join us at khmerave. Thumbs up to keep this comment at the top!" I done it to a few so far just now. Maybe we should all help doing it.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I think advertising on youtube is one way to go. I would like to put up something to help advertise to bring the viewers here, but been busy with uploading and life. Will be something I look forward to find times to put in. Happy can start on that first. :D

Donation is always a good shot whether people's donate or not, it's nice to just have a donation Paypal box like Admin was talking about before. Of course no pressure at all. Highest donators etc, can be listed. Maybe for the month, for the year etc. It gives people something to be proud of when they sees their names being appreciated as the highest donator or whatever. Many sites does that. Minecraft for example, playing on the online server is free but they also ask for donation for the site to continue operating. Something we can come up as a whole to get this happen with the Admin.

Bonus points is a nice incentives that Admin offers to uploaders for their hard work. Sometimes the uploaders goes out of their way to fulfill request which is put in extra money for a series just because the viewers would love to see it. It's nice to get some incentives back after. Many thank you comments will eventually flood the thread, why not send bonus points to show the appreciation and have other viewers knows which series is top picked. We have a good group of loyal viewers that show us that appreciation, but we can think of something to add more to the numbers. Everyone's suggestion on that will be helpful for all the uploaders. Maybe we should only provide downloads link to only bonus point givers to enhance the bonus points system? But then again, that doesn't work with all the uploaders way of doing it. So, I'm out of suggestion on this besides advertising it on KhmerAvenue. :)

I think advertising on youtube is one way to go. I would like to put up something to help advertise to bring the viewers here, but been busy with uploading and life. Will be something I look forward to find times to put in. Happy can start on that first. :D

Donation is always a good shot whether people's donate or not, it's nice to just have a donation Paypal box like Admin was talking about before. Of course no pressure at all. Highest donators etc, can be listed. Maybe for the month, for the year etc. It gives people something to be proud of when they sees their names being appreciated as the highest donator or whatever. Many sites does that. Minecraft for example, playing on the online server is free but they also ask for donation for the site to continue operating. Something we can come up as a whole to get this happen with the Admin.

Bonus points is a nice incentives that Admin offers to uploaders for their hard work. Sometimes the uploaders goes out of their way to fulfill request which is put in extra money for a series just because the viewers would love to see it. It's nice to get some incentives back after. Many thank you comments will eventually flood the thread, why not send bonus points to show the appreciation and have other viewers knows which series is top picked. We have a good group of loyal viewers that show us that appreciation, but we can think of something to add more to the numbers. Everyone's suggestion on that will be helpful for all the uploaders. Maybe we should only provide downloads link to only bonus point givers to enhance the bonus points system? But then again, that doesn't work with all the uploaders way of doing it. So, I'm out of suggestion on this besides advertising it on KhmerAvenue. :)
I like the donation box idea, if I can't spend time uploading series, I can at least give a very small amount to help out. The math is simple: if 500 members donated 1 dollar each month, that's 500 to pay for server costs. If 25 members can be generous enough to donate 5 bucks (I would) that's 125 that can go towards admin's car note lol, I'm joking man, but that easily doable. I would not mind making a donation of a few dollars every now and then. We should have it so that we know who's donating and how much is in the donation box so everyone's in the loop. The money can go to prizes for the arcades and bonus points for uploading!

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I like the donation box idea, if I can't spend time uploading series, I can at least give a very small amount to help out. The math is simple: if 500 members donated 1 dollar each month, that's 500 to pay for server costs. If 25 members can be generous enough to donate 5 bucks (I would) that's 125 that can go towards admin's car note lol, I'm joking man, but that easily doable. I would not mind making a donation of a few dollars every now and then. We should have it so that we know who's donating and how much is in the donation box so everyone's in the loop. The money can go to prizes for the arcades and bonus points for uploading!

These kinds of site are very useful and helpful for our community. I love to get my hand on series I don't have man. People will donate if the option is there. Many sites ask for donation and there is always enough people to help out, but we have to put it out there for them to do so. How much doe it cost to watch a movie at the theatre? Billions of people pay for that. After you watch the movie, you still have to go to BestBuy to buy the blue ray disc of it to keep a copy of it to watch later.

Well, whether people donate or not, it will look nice to have one on the homepage. :D

We can adapt in the American's way of donation. Members get different color names for a certain amount they donates? We can help come up with something with the Admin. It sounds silly, but it works on other free site. Every suggestion can be helpful towards making this work. We need to put our heads together. We can't have Admin do all the work man. :)

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
Hi guys, I post this thread because I thought it will be a a good idea for people to give out suggestions what kind we do as a khmer community to keep this website alive. I am not a computer geek guy, but I was thinking that now a day there are not much khmer website like this anymore , I guess most of them were gone, and I know a lot of us here want to keep this webstie alive and it is also the best way for our khmer people just like me and you all to communicate. So what are your suggestions to help this website alive and grow bigger, (like facebook) it is free to people but what can we do as a group or individual to make the website grow. I know it is very time consuming for uploaders, can we donate a few bucks here and there to help out. This is probably for Admin and all the VIP and Gold Members, is there any suggestion that you guy want us to try to help out advertise the website. I know the website is been watch all over the world. Every time I go to Europe I told everybody over there to get into the website, and every single one of them love it.

great thread, Red dear..
you are very thoughtfull and supporting to forum....Based on what you just stated above, You have done so much for this forum already and we are appreciated it so much, dear.
I do agree with
Goupon `say " I don't ask much as long viewers participate with the bonus point. I think it's exciting to the number grow bigger. . "

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
everyone has great suggestions (y)

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
great thread, Red dear..
you are very thoughtfull and supporting to forum....Based on what you just stated above, You have done so much for this forum already and we are appreciated it so much, dear.
I do agree with
Goupon `say " I don't ask much as long viewers participate with the bonus point. I think it's exciting to the number grow bigger. . "
Thanks, theary

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer

Hunnie, I don't mind at all doing donation to uploaders. Or to contribute some bucks here and there to help out the site. If there a box where I put a few bucks I will do it at a heart bit. I really do appreciate every uploaders for their time and hard works. That's why I post this thread hoping as viewer and of course other viewers what can we do to help out, and not just pay to the uploaders but also keep this site grow for the community.

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I think the best way to keep the site alive is for members to participate in the forums. If the forums look dead, this will deter potential members from joining.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
I think the best way to keep the site alive is for members to participate in the forums. If the forums look dead, this will deter potential members from joining.

i agree.. Lucky khmerforums got you, Hamster, Phon88, Ad_dee, Happy, Hunnie and a few other in the chatroom chit-chating.

I know right....Lucky, Iampheng decided to joined us too. We need all the old members back...

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the trick is to convince people to switch from facebook. I don't do facebook because I prefer the anonymity of forums.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP

iampheng

Commoner
I will be more conscious about clicking the bonus points - still getting used to that. I prefer this to Facebook also since I actually have few friends on FB and regularly unfriend people who don't seem to care about FB but friend ppl online anyway. I don't post personal things, but there is less anonymity - everyone who is my FB friend, I know.

You guys are really nice going out of your way to upload vids due to special request! I must admit though I get really pissed at people who make demands when ppl are doing them a favor.