What Do You Know About French Food?

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
So just wonder what kind of food that French people eat for Christmas. I remembered when I was there my family cooked snails, cookie St.jack. Then we ate fois gras and off course some others stuffs. It has been almost 30 years now that I haven't celebrated French Christmas. Is there anything new changes

Visal

Commoner
So just wonder what kind of food that French people eat for Christmas. I remembered when I was there my family cooked snails, cookie St.jack. Then we ate fois gras and off course some others stuffs. It has been almost 30 years now that I haven't celebrated French Christmas. Is there anything new changes
OYSTERS and CHAPPON <3

Sopheaktra

Level 1
Wanderer

Hi my dear, Christmas foods are always the same !!!! maybe not snails any more but "Coquille Saint Jacque" has more and more fan now !!!

lovepink

Commoner
of course my dear !!! for cook "Boeuf Bourguignon" you need :
- 8oog of beef ( around 1.8 lb)
- Red wine 2/3 of a bottle
- garlic, pepper and salt
- 2 onions
- 3 tablespoons of oil or 50g of butter
- 3 spoons of wheat flour
- 1 bunch of herbal (a kitchen herbal)
- mushroom (not so much), carrot 3 or 4

do you need the cooking process too ? my dear !!!!

Can you please provide a picture? Thanks

Sopheaktra

Level 1
Wanderer
And we also do have plateau de fruit de mer!

yes "plateau de fruit de mer" is very nice (a little expensive but it is very tasted) !!!

So what is it. Does it mean seafood platter or fruits platter?

it means that you have a big plateau with all kind of seafoods, you can find oysters (super miamiam), scallops, lobsters ... a lot of good things to have a big meal !!! if you don't like salmon you could try "seafoods' plateau".

You are just like me. I can't eat fish nor salmon, probably because of the taste and smell. I dont like sushi either. I just like crab meat, shrimps, and lobsters.

you speak about smell for salmon !!! and you like crab meat !!! lol !! X3X3X3 . by the way I love all kind of foods and speaking of foods always make me hungry !!!:p

if you want the process and picture for "Boeuf Bourguignon" you must wait a little more because I am quite busy now !!! I will try to make this for you for the next week (y)

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
You are just like me. I can't eat fish nor salmon, probably because of the taste and smell. I dont like sushi either. I just like crab meat, shrimps, and lobsters.
I just find my match then. I like seafood except fish. I cannot stand fish. <3+<3

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
yes "plateau de fruit de mer" is very nice (a little expensive but it is very tasted) !!!

it means that you have a big plateau with all kind of seafoods, you can find oysters (super miamiam), scallops, lobsters ... a lot of good things to have a big meal !!! if you don't like salmon you could try "seafoods' plateau".

you speak about smell for salmon !!! and you like crab meat !!! lol !! X3X3X3 . by the way I love all kind of foods and speaking of foods always make me hungry !!!:p

if you want the process and picture for "Boeuf Bourguignon" you must wait a little more because I am quite busy now !!! I will try to make this for you for the next week (y)
Sopheaktra, there is nothing wrong for people to like seafood but they cannot eat fish. I am one of them. I like lobsters, shrimps, and crabs. But I don't like eat fish. Fish to me has some funny smelling taste.

Sopheaktra

Level 1
Wanderer
Sopheaktra, there is nothing wrong for people to like seafood but they cannot eat fish. I am one of them. I like lobsters, shrimps, and crabs. But I don't like eat fish. Fish to me has some funny smelling taste.

hi, blueberry !!! you don't like fish that is why I said you to try a seafood plateau !!!

and when I said to lovepink that is funny that he doesn't like salmon because of its smell, but he likes crab meat !!! because crab meat's smell very strong and for some people it is unbearable !!!