What Is Love?

Islasfoods

Commoner
True story: A man's wife falls ill and she went into a coma. She went on life support. The doctor said the chances of her waking up is very slim to none. The doctor said he should pull the plug and let her rest. The husband refuse. He kept her on life support. He's pretty wealthy, but not rich. Can he use his money to continue dating, probably a younger lady, I think so. But he didn't. He talks to her every time he goes for visitation. He continue to pay for her hospital's bill. It was a five years period of him doing that.

Question: Is it true love that this man loves his wife where he doesn't marry again, won't let her go, and continue to be by her side hoping she wakes up?

Conclusion: to be continue.
May be its true Love.. Because she is his wife that why he caring.. But An talking about today's youngster they do not What is true love.. They only know a word love..

Barbara

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
I read all the comments I still cannot identify what is really true love. I guess I never love anyone that I can call "true love". Or what is "love".

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I hear people say that if it's true love, then one shouldn't have to try so hard. So if we're trying too hard to make it work, does it mean that what we have isn't true love?

I don't think it's true love if you have to try. If you have to try hard to make it work, it isn't love either. :)
Maybe just likes or like a lot.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
It could be true love that endures all things, obsession, or simply an obligation to honor one's marriage vow to love unto death, or a combination. Waiting to read the rest of the story. Would be interesting if there was a twist to the story.

He continues to wait on her while she's in the coma. He goes on his daily life, going to work, paying bills, just waiting on her to wake up someday.

....5 years of waiting then there was a result. :)

...to be continue!

How did you think this story turns out to be? Was his effort worthless, he change his mind, someone came into his life, she didn't make it..?

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
He continues to wait on her while she's in the coma. He goes on his daily life, going to work, paying bills, just waiting on her to wake up someday.

....5 years of waiting then there was a result. :)
if she wakes up after 5 years, that's incredible. must you keep me in suspense, Hunnie?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
if she wakes up after 5 years, that's incredible. must you keep me in suspense, Hunnie?

After 5 years, she woke up. His waiting wasn't in vain after all.
He stick around to help her recover and the whole mile run.
They continues to live a happy life.
I love happy ending.

Bluebird

Love is the emotional feelings between two people regardless the genders.
Love is something that you neither can't see nor fulfill your hunger.
Nevertheless, some people willing to sacrifice and die for just in the name of love.
Love is a very delicate balance; it takes real commitment of two people.
Must be willing to go through thick and thin together as a single unit.
Successful marriage will take real commitment, communication, honesty, faithfulness, devotion, nourishment,
be supportive of one another, learn to forgive and forget, be there by each other side when one needs it the most.:cool:

ami

Commoner
Love is the emotional feelings between two people regardless the genders.
Love is something that you neither can't see nor fulfill your hunger.
Nevertheless, some people willing to sacrifice and die for just in the name of love.
Love is a very delicate balance; it takes real commitment of two people.
Successful marriage will take real commitment, communication, honesty, faithfulness, devotion, nourishment,
be supportive of one another, learn to forgive and forget, be there by each other side when one needs it the most.:cool:
CHECK OUT DA DR. LOVE LOL :D 2 BAD AIN'T NO SUCH LOVE IN THIS WORLD :(

Hamster

Level 2
Swordsman
Wanderer
this thread makes me think of the song "what is love?" by haddaway, used to be popular back in the day.

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
I do agree with you, Bluebird dear

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
what-is-love-quotes.jpg