Refer A Member

The 30 post to attract new members is a great idea (y) I'm seeing new members that are beginning to posts on the forum.
They greedy for videos :D. Before they just watched, copy, re-upload, and take credit. Then afterwards, they report to SPP. Never do they participate in the forums, only come to look for Rei's new videos. Rei's video all over the internet now, he famous guy :D.

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
well, I will work with Rei to find a way to lock up the video so only those are members will get to watch it. The part i am worries about is the report to "SPP" by those no good for nothing thieves.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I'm currently using numbers/characters to name my videos like Ma Yongzhen as CH100-MYZ. People don't normally search for something like that on Google. So far it has been working since it's unlisted on Khmer Avenue. But if people knows the links, they will still be able to watch it and hopefully the links don't get passed around.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Happy, I'm infamous for being chased by dubbing company lol.

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
They greedy for videos :D. Before they just watched, copy, re-upload, and take credit. Then afterwards, they report to SPP. Never do they participate in the forums, only come to look for Rei's new videos. Rei's video all over the internet now, he famous guy :D.

I know how you guys feel. There are still people like me, who don't steal or cheat the forum. :D:D

PkaLotus

Level 3
legendary
Super Moderator
VIP
most of the times they watermark on our vids as well..lol
make some viewers confuse becuase they do not really know where the original vids come from unless they have been in our site first:sneaky:

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
I think its best if we uses Daily Motion, people may hate the website but can not download, nor enable them to either. I think that is a good chance where they can't watermark our video either beside the link, they report it, they can't watch it either, the episode is safe. As for those that do want to download, we can set a limitation on how many (none spamming) post they must have to download it, the episode is fully watermark.

(does anybody know any about watermark remover from video?? is there such a think??), if there isn't the we can put "original watermark by: whoever"

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Currently, I'm using Youtube, Vimeo and ShareVids (no longer accepting new members). I don't use DailyMotion, but can people still download it using Firefox download helper?

There are watermark remover software out there. It doesn't perfectly remove the watermark because you can still see the blur.

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
so then how do you want to go about it? our "video's" are being removed because of reports, i dont think site will go and check unless it's been reported by someone or somebody that want to download and leave no trace of them doing that. I'm sure that those "Visitors" we're getting are only for that or other peoples from different website wanting to take advantage of our hard work so they can go easy on theirs. Im sure there a program out there that help block that from happening, just have to do a lot of research on it.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Unfortunately people can still download our videos through plugins like Download Helper. But at least with websites like Vimeo, they can not embed our links to their websites -- they'll have to download and re-upload which is a bit more work.

I did some research awhile ago and yes you can prevent people from downloading by using premium hosting websites. They are very expensive though. When SPPTV online launched, they used DaCast.com Video on Demand to broadcast their videos, similar to NetFlix where you can only view and not download. But would cost thousands of dollars a month.

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
Does anybody know who is "JAK" i do not see any of his video inside of the forum, I never see him on chat either or post much.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
Does anybody know who is "JAK" i do not see any of his video inside of the forum, I never see him on chat either or post much.

Jak has been uploading on Khmer Avenue but he doesn't come to the forum at all. Maybe someone can get him here. :D

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
well, there are some video that he needed to fix but i dont know how to get a hold of him, plus i only see like one or two of his video, i dont see much of any others from him beside us..

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I haven't talked to Jak in a while but the only way is to private message him on Khmer Avenue. I'm still working on my many dead links depending on priority.

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
how many dead video do you have left to upload? and i'll just go buy the video that he upload and do it myself, no need to bother him.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I have no idea, at least over 900 scattered video links. I've been trying to fix them weekly, but usually put the ones that are urgently requested by the viewers first.

Chris

Commoner
Wanderer
VIP
that should work, its hard that i dont have the video that you have and even if i did download it, i wouldn't be able to put up on the same site you place it in, it would be in DailyMotion, if that doesn't bother you. If not, let me know what need to be done.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
I actually don't mind if you guys use Daily Motion to re-upload some of my videos but then I know everyone is busy with their own video uploading too, so no biggie. I'll just try to free up some time.

goupon

Level 2
Master
VIP
Personal opinion: I bet if KhmerAvenue's uploader do decide to go with DailyMotion, KA will die. Users/Viewers will just look else where.

Even I don't even bother watching it even that movie is the best. :)