Shopping Suggestion/input

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Update on the Hoover vacuum:

It works flawlessly for an affordable price. It helps to pick up long strands of hair and nothing gets tangled. Easy to clean while collecting dust quickly. It is easy to dump the canister with the flick of a switch. Great bagless vacuum cleaner, very light weight and super easy to use.

If you get Best Buy's extended warranty for 4 years at $19.99, this will beat any high priced vacuum since you don't have to worry about it failing later. (y)

Overall, I love my vacuum. Very satisfy customer.
Glad I got the cleaning part off my shopping list. :D

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Update on the Hoover vacuum:

It works flawlessly for an affordable price. It helps to pick up long strands of hair and nothing gets tangled. Easy to clean while collecting dust quickly. It is easy to dump the canister with the flick of a switch. Great bagless vacuum cleaner, very light weight and super easy to use.

If you get Best Buy's extended warranty for 4 years at $19.99, this will beat any high priced vacuum since you don't have to worry about it failing later. (y)

Overall, I love my vacuum. Very satisfy customer.
Glad I got the cleaning part off my shopping list. :D

That sounds great! The dyson I have warranty is through dyson itself. As long as the problem is equipment related, meaning its not because of something you did, they will fix or replace it.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
That sounds great! The dyson I have warranty is through dyson itself. As long as the problem is equipment related, meaning its not because of something you did, they will fix or replace it.

I don't like the company's warranty because you have to call customer service and be on hold to talk to them. Best Buy warranty, I just bring it to the store and let them deal with the issue in person. Customer service in person should always be better then the phone since it's harder to shove you away. :D

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
So far Dyson has been pretty good with their customer support. Had to contact them twice for repairs and they sent replacements pretty fast.

It also depends on who you get. Some people like their jobs and are better with taking care of customers, where as people who hate their jobs will usually perform to a lower satisfactory than required. Sometimes the people over the phone are the ones making the people answering the calls ac the way they are.

kalyann

Commoner
So far Dyson has been pretty good with their customer support. Had to contact them twice for repairs and they sent replacements pretty fast.

It also depends on who you get. Some people like their jobs and are better with taking care of customers, where as people who hate their jobs will usually perform to a lower satisfactory than required. Sometimes the people over the phone are the ones making the people answering the calls ac the way they are.
i have a dyson, n they r the best brand vacumm out there for me.we paid like 500 for ours nd its been 5 years n still works great! i tried everything else, n theres always a problem like the suction or something.
n i do agree with u on the customer service. just like n e other jobs, there r the miserable n the good ppl that like what theyre doing
hunnie, u shud try out a dyson too. theyre light nd works great

Last edited:

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
The vacuum I got was a little around the $100 buck range. So if I have to replace a vacuum every year, I will be spending the $500 buck price for one dyson. I prefer to tried out different kinds of brand in those 5 years because I don't think I would like to stick with the same vacuum too long. It's nice to have a feel of new things than a 5 year old item. Everybody else would have the newer dyson while I still have the older model. But of course that's just my preference.

Most vacuum at the cheaper price does last me a very long time before I have to replace them. Those brands can be reliable for many years but for a very cheaper price. I really don't go for brand anymore and mostly read reviews and go with the majority votes. I remember cashing out on an expensive vacuum and it was a piece of junk, stop working before a year. It was disappointing. There are customer that left their dyson and went for this model vacuum also so I figured I give it a try. So far, very happy with the price and quality. If this one breaks down after a couple of years use, I probably buy a similar one again and would probably end up spending $200 buck for those 5-7 years period. :D

I didn't buy a bestbuy warranty for this vacuum since it's so cheap to replace. I will look into a dyson later if this vacuum becomes a piece of junk before a year. (y)

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
It really comes down to how often you'll be using your vacuum really. I use my vacuum almost everyday and its been like 3 years and still haven't had any major problems with it so far.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
It really comes down to how often you'll be using your vacuum really. I use my vacuum almost everyday and its been like 3 years and still haven't had any major problems with it so far.

I use it everyday too. There's always something ending up on the rug. There's kids running around the living room all day. :D

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
I pick up a Razer mouse pad from best buy and it turn out to be as good as the review is raving about. I really love it for the price. If you're a gamer, you might be interested in it as well if you don't want to spend too much on the pad. I did got it on sale, so maybe it might go on sale again near Christmas. (y)

Razer - Kabuto Mobile Gaming Mouse Pad

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/kabuto-...1-192?id=1218231417690&skuId=1183787&st=razer mobile gaming pad&cp=1&lp=1

1183787_ra.jpg

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Needed a new portable hard drive so I picked this up and had best buy price match it with staples price for 119.99.
I planned to store all my stuff in there including the series. :D
Not sure, but I went with the overall reviews and the price for 3tb, I though that was good? :)
I planned to get another one for additional storage for whatever when the price is right, if you guys have any suggestion on which brand drive is good or model, let me know. (y)

WD - My Book Essential 3TB External USB 3.0/2.0 Hard Drive - Black
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-book...pp03-142?id=1218244145647&skuId=1261281&st=my book wd hard drive&cp=1&lp=3

1261281cv1a.jpg

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Needed a new portable hard drive so I picked this up and had best buy price match it with staples price for 119.99.
I planned to store all my stuff in there including the series. :D
Not sure, but I went with the overall reviews and the price for 3tb, I though that was good? :)
I planned to get another one for additional storage for whatever when the price is right, if you guys have any suggestion on which brand drive is good or model, let me know. (y)

WD - My Book Essential 3TB External USB 3.0/2.0 Hard Drive - Black
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/my-book...pp03-142?id=1218244145647&skuId=1261281&st=my book wd hard drive&cp=1&lp=3

View attachment 609

That looks nice and for the price it isn't to bad. Just make sure its not a green drive, and whats the RPM on it?

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
That looks nice and for the price it isn't to bad. Just make sure its not a green drive, and whats the RPM on it?

I'm not sure where to look for the RPM on the hard drive, but I search online and this model is 7200 rpm.
I got a black one. :) Hope it last, I broke my previous WD because I didn't take care of it. It keep falling to the ground because I was always careless. :confused:

I have some great series on that previous drive, the usb to the hard drive is loose and won't connect to the pc, I have to figure out a way to get those series out of that broken one. :unsure:

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
As long as its not a green drive you good. Green drives use less power but takes longer to spin and read and write to the disc.

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Problem with green drives are, when they are not in use they power down to conserve energy. When I say power down I mean they lower the RPM. Then when you access the drive it has to start up again, this is when it usually is very slow. So technically a 7200RPM drive will work as if it was a 5400 RPM drive instead or lower.

Hunnie

Level 3
Legendary
VIP
Problem with green drives are, when they are not in use they power down to conserve energy. When I say power down I mean they lower the RPM. Then when you access the drive it has to start up again, this is when it usually is very slow. So technically a 7200RPM drive will work as if it was a 5400 RPM drive instead or lower.

Thanks for the information Rock. I have lots to learn about my electronic shopping. I love them, but will need to learn a lot of up and downs before making big purchase. They really add up at one time. :D

When the sales come, I always buy several to stock up for a rainy day. Sometimes you need to replace a broken mouse right away. :)

Rock

Level 1
Swordsman
Wanderer
Yea if it comes to computers or electronics, I usually have spares laying around.

Rei

Level 3
Master
VIP
That's the same hard drive I have here Hunnie. Rock, any idea how much faster it is between SDD vs HDD drives? I know there's no comparison and I heard it's so much nicer with OS installed on the SDD.